Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 00:15 26 Apr 2024
- Will Labour’s renationalisation plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Rail Britannia?
- Will Labour’s plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Labour pledges to renationalise most rail services
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
26th Apr (2016)
DOO strikes start on Southern (link)

Train RunningCancelled
23:50 Maidenhead to Marlow
26/04/24 00:17 Marlow to Maidenhead
26/04/24 05:34 Oxford to Didcot Parkway
26/04/24 06:04 Didcot Parkway to Oxford
26/04/24 06:34 Oxford to Didcot Parkway
26/04/24 07:07 Didcot Parkway to Oxford
26/04/24 07:34 Oxford to Didcot Parkway
26/04/24 08:07 Didcot Parkway to Oxford
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 26, 2024, 00:17:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[193] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[102] access for all at Devon stations report
[56] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[34] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[23] Cornish delays
[22] Theft from Severn Valley Railway

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Car parking with Ringgo / APCOA Connect  (Read 113645 times)
andynel

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 21:03:14 »

If you use Ringgo to pay for parking guess you may be interested in this http://theyellowlines.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/first-great-western-rumour/ .  Looks like comments welcome.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 21:14:30 »

APCOA (Car parking company used at GWR (Great Western Railway) - controlled stations in the area) are launching a pay-by-mobile.....
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 22:16:07 »

So if the rumour is correct then it is merely a case of APCOA (Car parking company used at GWR (Great Western Railway) - controlled stations in the area) bringing the pay-by-mobile service in house is it? Whilst the rumour posted on the link may turn out to be true it should be pointed out that it is on a weblog sponsored by RingGo.

By the way, thank you for the link andynel, and a very warm welcome to the Coffee Shop Forum.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 22:21:39 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 23:16:32 »

i use the ringgo service a lot, but one observation i've made is that it says on all the signs that the convenience charge is 20p, yet they always charge 40p convenience charge

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 23:49:48 »

It's true, anyone who is currently using will need to re-register details with http://www.apcoaconnect.com/ - this website will also show the new location codes as that is changing too.
andynel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 10:59:57 »

Hi Rich - why not ask ringgo about it on the website - they seem to be answering queries there?
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:14:16 »

They charge 20p for 'convenience' and I believe, another 20p to send an acknowledgement text.
Phil
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 18:35:38 »

RingGo are brilliant at answering queries via Twitter as well. I have to say, I've been dealing with them since the week they launched their service (initially you spoker to an actual person when you rang to confirm your parking!) and they have been unfailingly helpful and efficient throughout, including helping to overturn tickets given to me in the early days when car park staff at various locations were a bit over-zealous.

Apcoa are going to really have to go some to match RingGo's customer service standards.
miniman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 17:23:04 »

Here's the message from RingGo:

We are here to help you park quickly and easily.  We take pride in making sure you don^t get parking tickets that you don^t deserve.  Behind the scenes we keep all your data secure and encrypted and store your credit and debit card details in vaults operated in line with the highest levels of accreditation on the planet.
APCOA (Car parking company used at GWR (Great Western Railway) - controlled stations in the area), the parking enforcement company that is engaged to collect money in the car parks of both First Great Western and NetworkRail, has asked us to withdraw RingGo at all of the stations of both companies from the Sunday after next. 
That^s in about ten days' time.
Our lawyers are keen we say nothing more.  We feel compelled however to let you know that RingGo is not in contractual breach, or even alleged breach, of any issue of quality or data integrity.  This is about something else.
Because we cannot comment please do not get in touch with us.
If you do want to do something about this, there is a web site which lets you have your say.  Click here to find it ^ The Yellow Lines.  We don^t own or manage this site, although we do now help sponsor it.  It was set up by a RingGo fan, who is excited about just how simple and joined-up the process of parking could be in the UK (United Kingdom)

I've signed up with Apcoa Connect - why must it be over complicated? Instead of "1d" for "1 day" I must now remember "801"  Roll Eyes
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 20:29:15 »

I wonder why they've had a falling out with RingGo or why they don't want to use them anymore.. Maybe we'll never know.. I liked RingGo though.. I know all the 3 car park codes at Maidenhead and they know my car (and my sisters)..

Will see what the new system holds I think.. Strangely enough though, this is the only place I've heard that it is changing from RingGo..Will a lot of people be very surprised on March 14th when they try and pay the usual way?
Phil
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 20:39:47 »

According to the nice person from RingGo on Twitter that I got chatting to offline, RingGo themselves aren't entirely sure what the hell's going on either. They've been given 2 weeks notice to vacate with no reason whatsoever and are understandably considering legal action over the decision.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 21:13:04 »

Do First have shares in APCOA (Car parking company used at GWR (Great Western Railway) - controlled stations in the area)
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 22:07:15 »

I've just been thinking about this again.. Unless they put up some very prominent signs.. if other people are like me, I abandon my car (I'm usually short of time) and then phone up to pay, usually from the train or shortly after I arrive in London.. So on Monday 14th obviously I won't do that without checking, but many many will.. How will they then pay for their parking if RingGo really is going?
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 23:13:00 »

RingGo shouldn't be accepting the payment from that date, so people who call from then should get told it's not possible.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 11:02:03 »

And for those people already on the train when they find this fact out? (assuming it's not advertised between now and then?)  Roll Eyes
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: