Delayed
06:01 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
06:50 Westbury to Weymouth
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 06:59:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[176] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[71] Signage - not making it easy ...
[15] IETs at Melksham
[13] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?
[12] From Melksham to Tallinn (and back round The Baltic) by train
[12] New station at Ashley Down, Bristol

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW Customer Panel - vacancies / minutes (merged topics)  (Read 27610 times)
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:02:12 »

There are currently vacancies on the Panel in the following areas :

Kemble to Cheltenham Spa area.

Shipton to Hanborough area.

Severn Tunnel Junction to Bristol Parkway area.

Details contained in the link below.
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=98

« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 16:07:34 by Lee Fletcher » Logged

Vous devez être impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
12hoursunday

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:26:26 »

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=98

There are currently vacancies on the Panel in the following areas:

Kemble to Cheltenham Spa area
Shipton to Hanborough area
Severn Tunnel Junction to Bristol Parkway area
If you wish to apply to join the Panel, write about yourself and your travel patterns, as well as outlining any concerns you feel are important in relation to First Great Western and send to:

Customer Panel Applications
C/O Lesley Colman
First Great Western
Milford House
1 Milford Street
Swindon
SN1 1HL
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:06:40 »

Many thanks for posting that ... although the individual area structure of the panel does a huge dis-service to the Swindon to Westbury service, and some others no doubt, I would encourage anyone who is thoughtfully looking for improvements and a feedback ability / voice in these areas to consider applying. 

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Tim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 15:57:42 »

I know a conscientous chap who was on the Customer Panel for the Reading area.  He resigned a couple of years ago in disgust over how FGW (First Great Western) was using him.  As well as being poorly administered (FGW gave his home address out to the public on more than one occassion) he thought that he was being used by FGW to deal with difficult complaints.  On occassions he was sent a copy of a customer complain together with a propsoed reply pre-drafted by FGW.  He felt that this approach undermined his independance and meant that he was doing FGW's job for them.

I don't want to discourage anyone from joiningthe panel but I think anyone on the panel should be careful that they are treated properly by the company
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 19:51:57 »

There are some excellent panel members (but you note I say "some" not "all").   

The role is a difficult one and, with the best will in the world, there's likely to be conflicts of interest for anyone who takes it up as constituted.  But I would rather have the panel than NOT have it ...

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
willc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 23:15:03 »

Minutes from last month's meetings of FGW (First Great Western)'s three regional customer panels have been posted on the website as Word documents. See http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=100

Andrew Haines doesn't seem to be on message with DafT about rolling stock. He told the East panel: "This is a big challenge for FGW as increasing rolling stock is not within the power of FGW ^ it is a DfT» (Department for Transport - about) decision. 1300 vehicles will become available in the next 6 years in England (not including Wales or Scotland) The allocation for FGW is 50 for the LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) area and only 8 for the West. FGW are trying to increase this allocation and quicken the time period for when they will be received, however it is difficult as it means lobbying for something that is outside the contracted agreement."

Expect a DafT spokesman or minister to pop up any moment and tell us it's all a matter for the operators...

Same panel meeting was also told about plans for a mock-up of proposed revamped interior for Turbos:
"Lesley Colman, Customer Liaison Manager FGW (LC (Level Crossing)) said she was pleased to advise that as a consequence of a members suggestion a mock up of the proposals for the Turbo refresh would be available for customers to view at Reading station. Costing and logistics of this was currently being finalised."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 23:31:34 by willc » Logged
John R

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 07:19:49 »

There are some interesting snippets of info in these minutes, such as the comment that traffic on the Severn Beach line is up 25% since the new timetable came in to effect. Also confirming the enhancements to Devon and Cornwall branches, including the good news that I hadn't read before that the Looe line will retain its peak summer service all year round, thus effectively restoring the cuts made in Dec 06.
Chris2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 19:52:29 »

The First Great Western customer panel minutes for January are now available on the First Great Western website.
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/Customer%20panel/West%20CP%20meeting%2028.01.09%20minutes%20-%20WEBSITE.doc
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/Customer%20panel/Central%20Customer%20Panel%2021%20Jan%2009%20minutes%20-%20WEBSITE.doc
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/Customer%20panel/East%20Customer%20Panel%2014%20Jan%2009%20minutes%20-%20WEBSITE.doc

In the East and Central minutes there is a summary of key dates for Crossrail. The West minutes have some details about the Cornish branchlines.
IanL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 13:19:07 »

Has anyone else noted the extremely curtailed reporting of customer panel meetings as shown by the minutes on the FGW (First Great Western) website, in the past this has been several pages covering the actual discussions and presentations. The latest ones seem to be a special website version that run to much less than a page in total.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 13:41:37 »

Indeed.  Is there a reason for this change?  Can ChrisB provide us with more detailed minutes?

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 18:08:26 »

Has anyone else noted the extremely curtailed reporting of customer panel meetings as shown by the minutes on the FGW (First Great Western) website
Yes I have and its very annoying. Surely proper minutes were taken at both meetings so why not publish them. It is after all a meeting aimed at FGW customers so nothing confidential.

Please FGW can you post some proper minutes from the two recent meetings?
IanL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 08:18:35 »

ChrisB,

Did you see this thread?

Ian
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 15:46:12 »

ChrisB

Do Customer Panel members get full minutes from FGW (First Great Western) or are you now expected to write everything down to report back to your fell customers?
John R

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 21:18:44 »

Response to an email I sent to the Customer Panel, which you may find of interest.

Thank you for your email. As the First Great Western representative responsible for managing the Customer Panel, I have decided to respond to you on their behalf. I hope you don't mind. I was responsible for the decision to condense the minutes, and therefore I am more than happy to discuss this with you personally.

As you may be aware, the Customer Panel members have all signed confidentiality agreements and a large amount of what is discussed at our meetings is commercially sensitive. The meetings are a tool for the Customer Panel members to bring concerns that have been raised by customers to the attention of our senior managers and for them to discuss with us what changes they feel we can make to improve things. In the time between the meetings, I compile detailed reports of all issues being raised by our CP members and customers. These reports are then discussed in detail by the Chairs of the 2 Panels prior to the meetings, and they select the topics for discussion, which they feel to be the most relevant.

It is of course important that we let customers know that our Panel Members are championing their views and therefore, by providing a summary of what has been discussed, customers can see that their issues are being raised at this level. Although a few customers do like to see the full minutes, I do not feel it is necessary to publish in detail what has been discussed in our meetings. Saying that, it is certainly not the case that FGW (First Great Western) do not take the Panel seriously. On the contrary; we put a lot of effort into making sure the panel runs smoothly, efficiently and that our customers voices are heard.

Although we will no longer be providing the minutes on the website in the same detail as we did previously, the Customer Panel are there for you to talk to. If there is an issue concerning you, or something you have raised and you would like to know if there has been any progress, by all means email the relevant member, who will be more than happy to keep you in the loop. I know that you feel we are not being transparent by providing the full minutes and I can see your point. It is not that we are hiding what we are discussing though - just trying to make the customer panel pages more succinct. I do take your views on board - in the near future, I will be updating the Customer Panel pages and I hope that as part of this, we can provide much more information about our activity.

Thank you again for writing. I have copied in both Customer Panel Chairs to my response, as I am sure they will be keen to hear your views on the matter.

Kind regards

xxxxx
Customer Relations Senior Officer

JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 21:33:03 »

So they're not hiding anything, but 'a large amount of what is discussed..... is commercially sensitive'.

Why not just publish the minutes and redact the commercially sensitive bits?

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: