Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 20:55 25 Apr 2024
- Will Labour’s renationalisation plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Will Labour’s plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Labour pledges to renationalise most rail services
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 20:57:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[234] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[56] access for all at Devon stations report
[53] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[36] Cornish delays
[34] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[19] Where have I been?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Illness caused by Network rail masts  (Read 13278 times)
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 13:20:25 »

Can we have some links to this 'proven worldwide' research that your GP is quoting? I'd also suggest that GPs and cardiologists are not expert in the science of EMF.

I've no doubt that your symptoms are very real and for that you have my sympathy. However, I find it a huge leap of faith to believe that the cause is a GSM-R (Global System for Mobile communications - Railway.) mast.

Could I also point out that is does your argument no favours when you bring into the equation; on your websites 'about us' page (before mentioning your health), the effect the mast has had on your view and property price.

Edited to fix over judicious use of the apostrophe.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 20:22:55 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 17:54:51 »

i just spent 20 mins typing a reply....and have now deleted it!

so here is the short version

please do not take our disagreements against your ill-founded accusations against network rail as a dispute over the genuine illness that you have described

i personally think that the mast has caused this, but not in the way you believe proof of this can be provided !

mental illness takes many forms and should not be shunned aside or made fun of there is nothing to be embarraced about believe me!

just to put it into simple terms when ever your body does something ... bend your leg, blink your eye, pump your heart, your brain is controlling these actions in reaction to what ever situation you are in, that being said it is perfectly plausible  for your brain to produce these symptoms when ever you are close to the mast as you see it as a threat for whatever reason. i would seriously recommend seeking psychiatric help before your illness starts to have a similar effect on your family
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 19:11:39 »

as relex says pretty much
but
all the symptons you've described are connected to stress related illness,
stress causes blood pressure to rise, causing potential heart attacks etc

stress may be caused by the mast devaluing your property, and spoiling your view perhaps, or anything else really in life in general, with coincidence to the erections of the masts

as the mast isnt turned on yet, there is no chance of it causing illness, as their is no radio waves passing through it as yet,

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 19:26:37 »

i would also like to point out that editing ones post after several replies messes up continuity slightly ..........
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 20:05:53 »

Hmm. I'm going to pick you up on that particular point as well, Mikeb.

You have now amended your 'original post' to read as follows:

Network Rail recently installed a mast next to our home and now I am seriously ill when at home and fine as soon as I am away from here.
My doctor has proved that it must be caused by the electromagnetic pulse given off by these base stations there is no other explanation!!!
Visit my website for my story and let me know if you have suffered any effects from any base stations and masts.
http://www.networkrailmasts.co.uk
Thanks
Mike

Please: for the benefit of those who have already replied to your original wording in good faith, would you explain what changes you have now made to your original post?

Thanks, Chris.

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 20:52:40 »

Gosh, MikeB, I hate to have to come in here too ... especially to say "oy" to a newly joined member. However ...

People have come along, Mike, and answered your original question / post.  They did so in good faith, but now feel that by changing your original post you have made their comments look rather silly.  I rather suspect that's not something you had realised might happen - it's a side effect that we all miss from time to time, so don't worry too much about it on this occasion.

For the record, here is a copy of the original text you posted, added so that anyone who comes back in the future will be able to read the thread and work it out in spite of the changes.   As a general note for all, I retrieved this text from backups - an action even beyond "admin" powers and the first time I have ever done it in 88,000 posts!

Network Rail recently installed a mast next to our home and now I am seriously ill when at home and fine as soon as I am away from here.
My doctor has proved that it has been caused by the electromagnetic pulse given off by these base stations!!!
Network Rail now admits that some people can become seriously ill if they live close to these masts.
Visit my website for my story and let me know if you have suffered any effects from any base stations and masts.
http://www.networkrailmasts.co.uk

Thanks

Mike

If you wish to go back to your original post and edit it yet again - but this time explain what you're changing and why so that it doesn't make some of the following elements look out-of-context / silly / stupid, that would be much appreciated.  And Chris and I can then tidy up our posts as appropriate.

Thanks

Graham

P.S. You appear to have deleted "Network Rail now admits that some people can become seriously ill if they live close to these masts." from your original

Edited to add the P.S. ... and to show you how an edit is acceptable with an explanation  Wink
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 20:59:55 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 23:26:24 »

Some very recent posts from this topic have been moved to The Lighter Side, to avoid deflecting this particular discussion.

See http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=8702.0

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: