Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 22:35 25 Apr 2024
- Will Labour’s renationalisation plan make train tickets cheaper?
* Rail Britannia?
- Will Labour’s plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Labour pledges to renationalise most rail services
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningCancelled
22:35 Maidenhead to Marlow
23:03 Marlow to Maidenhead
23:50 Maidenhead to Marlow
26/04/24 00:17 Marlow to Maidenhead
Delayed
22:03 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 22:41:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[193] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[102] access for all at Devon stations report
[56] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[34] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[23] Cornish delays
[22] Theft from Severn Valley Railway

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the 8.51am from Maidenhead to Paddington ever arrive on time?  (Read 24317 times)
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 16:58:42 »

Arrived at 0916, according to my information, this morning after departing Oxford 3 down which had increased to 8 down departing Reading.

johoare

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 18:01:35 »

So for this week then thats a 40% punctuality rate.. And that's been pretty much the norm since this train was introduced nearly a year ago. Hence this topic!
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 18:06:05 »

To be fair though, the line from Reading - Paddington is running at full capacity at that time of morning so delays are inevitable.

Unless Notwork Derail has some plan to increase capacity its going to be a problem for a very long time.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 18:10:41 »

I don't think my boss will appreciate that excuse! Anyway it won't be a problem soon. FGW (First Great Western) have kindly added 15 minutes to my journey daily from December by removing this train. And that's before delays.. So half an hour late each day then!
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 09:27:10 »

05/11/2007.

NOTE johoare TONGUE IN CHEEK.

Left Oxford on time but the pampered commuters at Maidenhead took their time the sque-e-e-e-eze on board this morning and delayed the service so that it left 2 minutes down and arrived Paddington, according to my screen, at 0915.

I am a cheeky devil aren't I.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 16:11:53 »

Ha Ha. I think I'd have guessed that one was tongue in cheek even if you hadn't have told me!!  Let's hope for a better week commuting wise this week then!
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 09:26:52 »

Must've been ok this morning, watched it on my screen and was 2 minutes late leaving Oxford but this was recovered and left Twyford on time but was 2 minutes down on leaving Maidenhead (AGAIN) but as the crucial last two minutes of its pending arrival at Paddington approached I was called away from my screen and when I returned at 0918 it was gone (arrived). Doh.
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 16:18:24 »

And today 1F22 arived at paddington at 0913.

1 minute later then planned Wink
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 21:42:56 »

Yes, things are looking up this week. The train was on time and it was a turbo so I got a seat for once (I guess the people joining at Reading chose an intercity above our turbo!).. So a good day all round..
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 09:20:07 »

07/11/2007.

6 minutes down on leaving Oxford this morning but this was pulled back by Twyford but AGAIN lost time departing Maidenhead 3 minutes later than scheduled. My screen showed an arrival at Paddington at 09:14, 2 minutes down.

Also noted it was a 3-car turbo this morning.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 16:10:50 »

Yep, just about on time in Paddington. It was a turbo, they just forgot to tell us.. so it was busier than usual. I guess that is why it was busier, cos the Reading people only found out as it arrived that it was a turbo, so got on anyway. It didn't really lose any time at Maidenhead today, it actually arrive two minutes late..

However FGW (First Great Western) (I assume?) have just disgraced themselves totally. At very short notice I had to unexpectedly rush back to Maidenhead to pick my children up from school. I got the 14.30 out of Paddington. This got to Hayes on time and then crawled all the way back from there to Maidenhead finally arriving 12 minutes late. I did phone up FGW from the train, but the very helpful lady there knew nothing more than I did, and the train driver obviously didn't either as he made no annoucements.

The result, I was ten minutes late for the first school pick up I do, to find my child wandering up and down the road wondering what he should do next. I am NOT pleased about that.

If anyone knows what happened please could you let me know? If not I'll ask FGW and add the reply here when I get one!

devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 17:33:11 »

5 Late from Slough and 11 late from Maidenhead.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 21:44:24 »

Yes, thank you. I was there... crawling along... so I kinda know the late timings....

But does anyone know the reason for the delay? FGW (First Great Western) certainly didn't at the time!
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 21:46:12 »

I know you know, was just giving you all the info I am able to retreive!
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 21:49:37 »

Sorry, I wasn't having a go, honest.. I'm just very frustrated that I could get no info from FGW (First Great Western) as to whether I needed to frantically phone round friends to get someone to pick him up, and by the time I'd finished talking to FGW (not their fault at all, they spent a long time looking for non existent info), it was too late anyway, so he just kind of had to hang around wondering why no one had picked him up...  And still there is no apparent reason for us to have crawled all the way back from Hayes!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: