Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 20:35 25 Apr 2024
- Will Labour’s renationalisation plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Will Labour’s plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Labour pledges to renationalise most rail services
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 20:36:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[234] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[56] access for all at Devon stations report
[53] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[36] Cornish delays
[34] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[19] Where have I been?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Chiltern Evergreen 3 project - ongoing discussion  (Read 352343 times)
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #555 on: September 28, 2016, 13:44:44 »

You're right - I need to check with my NR» (Network Rail - home page) contact how much of Phase 1 needs to be complete for DEc 12.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 28, 2016, 13:56:08 »

None of Phase 1 needs to be complete, (though work has now started).  Chiltern's service can operate, on a slightly more restrictive basis than the final layout, as long as Phase 0 is complete.  Both phases are available to download on this page:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/great-western-route-modernisation/oxford/

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #557 on: September 28, 2016, 14:18:58 »

According to the map, initially (until Phase 1 is complete), they'll actually also cross over to the 'down Bletchley' for a short while before joining the 'up Jericho bi-di' not the 'up relief'.

Which map? The one I attached? That's phase 1....but as you correctly mention below, it's phase 0 to bbe complete by Dec 12. On the phase 0 map you mentioned, it's clearly marked 'Up Relief'. so I think you are mistaken. It will be called that on completion of phase 0.

Again, according to the map, they'll use the 'up Jericho bi-di' not the 'up relief' before the vast majority will take the route you describe

See above - by Dec 12, it's called Up Relief.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 28, 2016, 17:11:22 »

I think it's going to be called 'Up Relief' from Wolvercote Junction to Oxford North Junction, then 'Up Jericho Bi-Di' or something very similar from Oxford North Junction to Oxford station.  Either way, I'll confirm when I know for sure.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #559 on: October 05, 2016, 10:56:41 »

I know for sure - from NR» (Network Rail - home page)'s Project Senior Sponsor....which is where my info came from initially, but now have it in writing

Following the commissioning of Phase 1, in 2018, it will be call the “UP Relief” all the way from Wolvercote Junction to Oxford station.

That should defuse any arguments!

I suspect he's a reader on here :-)
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 05, 2016, 11:14:12 »

Thanks for that confirmation, ChrisB.  The Phase 1 map is indeed correct then - I hadn't spotted it was differently labelled on the Phase 0 and Phase 1 maps.  Do we know if it will be called that from the completion of Phase 0 this December to the Completion of Phase 1 in 2018?

ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #561 on: October 05, 2016, 11:24:36 »

I've asked the question....
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 05, 2016, 18:17:13 »

I know for sure - from NR» (Network Rail - home page)'s Project Senior Sponsor....which is where my info came from initially, but now have it in writing

Following the commissioning of Phase 1, in 2018, it will be call the “UP Relief” all the way from Wolvercote Junction to Oxford station.

Well that's very strange because on the Signalling Scheme Plans its called the 'Up Oxford Relief' and it extends all the way from Wolvercote Junction to Hinksey North (in the final layout).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 19:08:55 by SandTEngineer » Logged
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #563 on: October 05, 2016, 20:34:02 »

Is that *after* Phase 1 is complete? Because that is what we are discussing :-)
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 05, 2016, 22:59:11 »

It is what we're currently discussing, although you did state it was 'Up Relief' from Dec 12th a few posts ago.

ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #565 on: October 06, 2016, 09:10:24 »

And I suspect SandTEngineer is looking at something that is current. It may well be called that now, but we're discussing either post Dec 12, or post Phase 1. Why would the Signalling Scheme Plans show future names?
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 06, 2016, 10:10:45 »

I think the signalling scheme plans he has privileged access to are plans for the future that those responsible for delivering the upgrades work to.  'Up Oxford Relief' does tally with the 'UOR' label on the opentraintimes map.

Certainly that line has never been the 'Up Relief' so far.  It was called the 'Up Goods Loop' until mid-2009 when a small signalling scheme meant its name changed to the 'Down Jericho' which is what it was called until the current upgrade work started.

chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 06, 2016, 12:38:36 »

Wow, Chris B looks as if he might be in the wrong. Is this a first ?
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #568 on: October 06, 2016, 13:08:08 »

I strongly doubt it this time :-)

SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 06, 2016, 17:14:14 »

Well, all I can state is that on the Phase 0 and Phase 1 final TVSC» (Thames Valley Signalling Centre - about) signalling scheme plans that I have seen its always shown as 'Up Oxford Relief'.  Currently, as Industry Insider has stated above, it is called the 'Down Jericho'.

Of course there is a small chance that the plans might be out of date (they are dated September 2015) but the naming seems fairly consistent throughout  Wink
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:18:36 by SandTEngineer » Logged
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: