GDPR / Cookie acceptance [about our cookies] • • • Cookies expire in a week!
West, but not trains. Where?
 
Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by Red Squirrel at 23:03, 11th October 2026
 
Well I can’t speak for all the others. You know what they say: When you know one squirrel, you know one squirrel.

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by Chris from Nailsea at 22:47, 11th October 2026
 
Do squirrels wade in - anywhere? 

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by Red Squirrel at 22:40, 11th October 2026
 
I will wade in with No.16: Chepstow Bridge, seen from The Back. Much as I like Chepstow Station, from a Bristolian viewpoint this is much easier to get to on the T7 bus.

The seal is called Sammy, by the way.

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by Chris from Nailsea at 22:23, 11th October 2026
 
7. Gun emplacements Needles, Isle of White.

Edit.  I realise that I recognise 11 too but I've had my turn.

Good shout on 7, johnneyw - I hadn't recognised that particular location.

I, too, know 11, but we've both had our first turn for the first 24 hours - house rules! 

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by stuving at 21:56, 11th October 2026
 
9. Broad Street, Reading. Well, it did have my name on it.

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by Chris from Nailsea at 21:51, 11th October 2026
 
Blimey, grahame - some of those are indeed rather obscure - but I've got a few of them.

However, I'll make it easy, just to get this particular one out of the way:

4.  Taunton - the new pedestrian and cycle route connecting Taunton station to the town centre and the nearby Somerset County Cricket Ground.  

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by TonyN at 21:51, 11th October 2026
 
8. Temple Footbridge on the Thames between Henley and Marlow.
The Middle section has now been removed as the bridge is past its use by date.

Re: West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by johnneyw at 21:48, 11th October 2026
 
7. Gun emplacements Needles, Isle of White.



Edit.  I realise that I recognise 11 too but I've had my turn.

West, but not trains. Where?
Posted by grahame at 21:41, 11th October 2026
 
Not all my pictures are at or near railways - or even buses.   Here are some from various places within our main area - can you identify them?  Just one each at first, please, although past form suggests that this will be one of the harder quizzes as many off us don't stray too far from stations

1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.


11.


12.


13.


14.


15.


16.


 
The Coffee Shop forum is provided by customers of Great Western Railway (formerly First Great Western). The views expressed are those of the individual posters concerned. Visit https://www.gwr.com for the official Great Western Railway website. Please contact the administrators of this site at admin@railcustomer.info if you feel that the content provided by one of our posters contravenes our posting rules. Our full legal statment is at https://www.greatwesternrailway.info/legal.html

Although we are planning ahead, we don't know what the future will bring here in the Coffee Shop. We have domains "firstgreatwestern.info" for w-a-y back and also "greatwesternrailway.info"; we can also answer to "greatbritishrailways.info" too. For the future, information about Great Brisish Railways, by customers and for customers.
 
Current Running
GWR trains from JourneyCheck
 
 
Code Updated 11th January 2025