Train RunningShort Run
21:45 Penzance to London Paddington
05:23 Hereford to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
May 02, 2024, 03:37:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[113] Train drivers "overwhelmingly white middle aged men"
[100] Leven, Fife, Scotland, fast forward a month
[58] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[53] underground plans for Bristol update.
[38] Vintage film - how valid are these issues today?
[37] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock cascade of class 150s  (Read 154482 times)
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2011, 05:23:13 »

1002 off Stourbridge, takes about an hour, returning from Leamington @ 1126
anthony215

View Profile Email
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2011, 13:44:47 »

Read on WNXX (Stored Unserviceable, Mainline Locos HQ All Classes) that has been confirmed that FGW (First Great Western) will be keeping 153325 & 153333 in addition to the class 150's from London Midland.

6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2011, 18:42:47 »

when you say they get to keep 153333 .... was this a type'o, or is the original 150 beyond repair or is  WNXX (Stored Unserviceable, Mainline Locos HQ All Classes)  not actually a good source of confirmation :-p
anthony215

View Profile Email
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2011, 19:51:19 »

when you say they get to keep 153333 .... was this a type'o, or is the original 150 beyond repair or is  WNXX (Stored Unserviceable, Mainline Locos HQ All Classes)  not actually a good source of confirmation :-p

Thats what it said on WNXX so i think i will blame them.
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2011, 20:09:03 »

i know mate, they probably just got the numbers mixed up
asdfg

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2011, 18:06:47 »

Read on WNXX (Stored Unserviceable, Mainline Locos HQ All Classes) that has been confirmed that FGW (First Great Western) will be keeping 153325 & 153333 in addition to the class 150's from London Midland.

And another forum, I won't quote it, is saying something a little different.  Angry

Unfortunately there are far too many armchair enthusiasts trying to work out what is going on with respect to the ownership of stock and the transfers that may or may not happen due to the introduction of Class 172s by London Midland. We don't always know where posters get their information, who they work for or whether they are merely repeating information that they have got from other rail forums. How do we differentiate between the information they give us and the information that posters who are "in the know" give us?

There is almost as much speculation and conflicting information about the Class 180s that may or may not be returning to FGW. Every time a Class 142 returns north for maintenance or a repaint someone somewhere, usually in the north, speculates that they're starting to go back to Northern for good. Until it returns south the following weekend of course!

Personally I think that the poster on the WNXX forum may well be correct as the Class 150s would be in service by now if they were staying just for the summer. If units come then surely borrowed units will go. If FGW do keep the two Class 150s mentioned then perhaps they won't be hiring the two units from ATW (Arriva Trains Wales (former TOC (Train Operating Company))) each day? What should be more of interest to this forum is the total amount of units available to FGW on a daily basis after all the stock changes have taken place.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 18:14:35 by PaulW2 » Logged
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2011, 18:44:03 »

I'm on the press launch for LM (London Midland - recent franchise)'s 172 fleet on Tuesday - I can ask them direct for some news/info on these sets..
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2011, 20:17:34 »

150126 is on Exeter Depot as we speak, has been de-branded so one presumes it's staying in the west
phile

Language spoken Welsh as well as English

View Profile Email
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2011, 20:18:47 »

Perhaps we should ignore all the Cascade speculation and believe things as they actually happen and not before.
anthony215

View Profile Email
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2011, 22:53:53 »

If anyone is around Bristol TM(resolve) tommorow, stated on uk railforums that 150108 could be out on the severn beach route tommorow.

Not sure whether it is correct though, but you might want to keep yours eyes out just in case
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2011, 23:43:02 »

And another forum, I won't quote it, is saying something a little different.  Angry

The source i've read it from (the one on WNXX) would be in a position to confirm whether or not the cascade is true - so I believe it.
anthony215

View Profile Email
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2011, 00:49:20 »

here is a video of 150126 at Plymouth today. I have read that it should be working the 09:00 Cardiff - Plymouth service tommorow (monday) and the rest of its diagram.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNJ3Crgp3A

150108 should be out on the severn beach line as i have said previuosly

Mod note: Edited to insert link to video. bignosemac
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:20:12 by bignosemac » Logged
Sprog

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2011, 21:01:49 »

150126 is staying, it has spent the last week plus at SPM (St Philip's Marsh (Bristol depot)) being given a 'conversion exam' to get it in sync with the FGW (First Great Western) exam schedules, and has being given all mods etc. to bring it into line with the other FGW 150/1s.

150108 is also staying and will receive the same treatment as 126, along with the rest of the 150/1s we are due to recieve which should start arriving  in small batches next month.

AFAIK (as far as I know), the two LM (London Midland - recent franchise) 153s are tempry and should be going back to LM when they are surplus.
The SprinterMeister

Trundling round the SW

Chris64ex4@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2011, 21:21:54 »

AFAIK (as far as I know), the two LM (London Midland - recent franchise) 153s are tempry and should be going back to LM when they are surplus.
I'm hearing different versions depending on who I ask. The two 153's currently on hire are temporary for the high summer service but I think two 153's are part of the deal, however these might not be the two currently running for FGW (First Great Western).

Trundling gently round the SW
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2011, 22:07:30 »

this evening i was at my father in laws, when he spotted a 153 cross Angarrack Viaduct heading for Penzance between 1900-2000 this evening, cant remember the exact time, but i arrived at his at 7 and left at 8!
The father in law commented about the livery being a completely different one to what he's ever seen before, any one know what livery he may of seen, i was positioned out of view, holding something heavy so was unable to get a glance.

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: