29th Apr (1963)
Bristol Bus Boycott announced (*)

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 03:14:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[110] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[76] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[28] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[27] access for all at Devon stations report
[17] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[14] Misleading advertising?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: BITE card - discount card for use at railway station outlets  (Read 54182 times)
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 12:54:18 »

Not had any Emails from SSP. Then again when they did the buy 4 'Lower' Crust meals get a free cineworld ticket I never got that Email as well.

I also have a 30% "privilege card" for millies cookies which works at all branches not just the station ones. I wonder if that discount is going to be cut considering the back of the card has a get out clause on it.

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2014, 14:06:35 »

Still no emails - and still getting 20% at SSP outlets - this time at Canterbury West this morning.

Staff there looked very surprised & have heard nothing when I told them some card holders had received notification of the discount dropping to 10%. They have been told nowt so far. So its not happening any time soon.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2014, 14:15:06 »

9th June.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2014, 14:32:45 »

Monday. Hmmmm
Fourbee

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2014, 14:54:18 »

Not had any Emails from SSP. Then again when they did the buy 4 'Lower' Crust meals get a free cineworld ticket I never got that Email as well.

I did get the cineworld email, but have not received anything yet about the 10%. I ticked the box for "Extra Bite - News/Offers/Etc" on my application so would expect to get all messages.
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2014, 23:12:07 »

Used my Bite card today for the first time in a few months. It was only to buy a bottle of water from Delice de France at Paddington. Was ^1.60, became ^1.28 after swiping my card. Still expensive I know but that's a 20% discount.

Could it be possible that different cardholders get different discounts? The card has to be swiped so perhaps there's a code on the stripe that determines the discount.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2014, 23:56:11 »

It appears that the discount is either 10% or 20%. No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell except that I was told in Bonapartes (Bristol TM(resolve)) that they are still offering 20% as their till system is yet to be updated. As far as I can tell, every other SSP outlet at Bristol (Upper Crust, Pumpkin, Pasty Shop) is 10%.

Perhaps it's just a case that systems aren't yet updated in all SSP outlets. Or equally, some outlets will give 20% going forward, others 10%.

Incidentally, I was told this evening that Bonapartes on Platform 3 at Bristol TM is shortly to be re-branded as 'The Beer House'. Adding to the list of same named licensed premises across major UK (United Kingdom) stations.

http://www.foodtravelexperts.com/uk/brand-profile/1/0/16/the-beer-house/

Gonna miss calling it Boney Parts, Blownaparts...  Sad

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Network SouthEast

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 06:16:15 »

I'm with BNM, the discount seems random.

In a further blow to SSP customers, the new loyalty cards at Pumpkin  now require 9 stamps to get a free drink, as opposed to 5.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 13:42:40 »

The V&A pub at Marylebone has stopped accepting the BITE card.

'Shortly' to introduce their own loyalty scheme, sayeth a bar tender.
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 10:11:51 »

From my e-mail, this morning:

Hi Chris,

We want to let you know about a few changes to your BITE Card.

The regular BITE Card discount will now be 10% off your favourite rail station brands, including Upper Crust, Pumpkin, Caff^ Ritazza and Burger King, etc.

To login to your Bite account or see a full list of participating rail station brands, follow this link.

You've still got one week to use your old discount at our partner brands in participating stations, so take a big BITE on your travels today!

The BITE Card Team

Terms and Conditions:

The changes listed in this email, will take effect to your registered BITE card on 01/10/14 For a list of full terms and conditions of use of BITE and your registration details, please follow the link: Terms & Conditions.
You are being sent this email because you are a BITE card holder

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 10:13:48 »

Hmm. I got this, this morning too.

But I have only been able to get a 10% discount since the previous time they issued that email....not good.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 10:35:40 »

I've only been getting 10% in almost every SSP outlet since June. The one exception being Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads. Not been in there for over a week though so no idea if they've finally updated their tills and are no longer processing the 20% discount manually. I was told by a staff member that it was likely to remain at 20% there until they complete their re-branding to 'The Beer House'.

Notwithstanding that it was just a barman telling me that. Management may decide otherwise.

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2014, 21:52:37 »

Yep, got this email. Strange how I never got any of the others earlier this year.

Incidentally, was SSP previously known as SAS Service Partner? That's SAS the airline not the elite army unit.
ellendune
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2014, 21:59:27 »

Yep, got this email. Strange how I never got any of the others earlier this year.

Me too
Brucey
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2014, 22:04:49 »

Incidentally, was SSP previously known as SAS Service Partner?
Yes, they were.

Yesterday I paid ^2.40 for a hamburger (just a plain burger) and ^8.50 for a Whopper Meal in a SSP operated Burger King outlet at Ibiza Airport.  I wonder if anyone has seen any UK (United Kingdom)-based SSP outlets that have this much of a mark-up compared to the high street?
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: