Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 22/05/24 - WWRUG / TransWilts update
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Apr (1996)
GNER franchise (Sea Containers) starts on ECML (*)

Train RunningCancelled
21:16 Gatwick Airport to Reading
Delayed
18:53 London Paddington to Plymouth
19:38 London Paddington to Swansea
19:53 London Paddington to Plymouth
20:44 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
21:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
23:03 Reading to Gatwick Airport
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 28, 2024, 22:53:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[138] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[118] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[44] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[42] access for all at Devon stations report
[27] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[22] Misleading advertising?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW: ^We are not authorised to give out information.^  (Read 7337 times)
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« on: May 27, 2012, 21:39:06 »

From the Penalty Fare Appeal Support website:

By Sam Matthews

First Great Western or, as it is known by its commuters, Worst Late Western, is ^not authorised to give out information^ according to an Email response we recently received from their ^Customer Services^ Department.

We asked a pretty simple and to the point question.

We asked for the Opening Hours, Location on station, Facilities and Access Entitlement for First Class Lounges at London Paddington and Cardiff. Not a hard question for Customer Services is it?

Their response to our simple question, from a Calvin, Abelar, was as follows:
Thank you for your email of 24 May 2012, with regard to the information on First Class Lounge facilities.
Our Customer Service office has been established as a contact centre for First Great Western passengers ^ to offer advice and information on a personalised ^one-on-one^ basis. We are not authorised to offer details for the purpose of wider publication or media. As such, we would be unable to provide the information you have requested.

So there you have it! FGW (First Great Western) is not authorised to provide you with any information.

First Great Western pride themselves, or claim to, on ^Putting Customers First^. Their own website states:
At First Great Western, we work to achieve our vision of putting customers first by exceeding your expectations of journeys by train.
From our welcome at the station, to the service you can expect on-board our trains, right through to your arrival at your destination, we make sure that your journeys with us are safe, comfortable, convenient and enjoyable, and that you always feel welcomed and valued.

So it seems that they have not learnt, despite all the recent disruption and past problems with punctuality that information is key. Putting Customers First is not First Great Western^s vision in its Customer Service Centre.

We have requested comment from First Great Western over this, we will let you know their response as soon as we get it.

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 06:38:48 »

I do get despondant at some of the responses I get from fgw cs but in this case I think the article chooses to misrepresent the reply from fgw

The text if the reply says clearly "...not authorized to giveout information for the purposes of republication" which I can understand.

This is not the same as "we are not authorized to give out information" As per the title

Just my 2c (please don't quote me in that!)

Edited to correct typos caused by it being far to early in the morning Smiley
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 11:02:13 by BerkshireBugsy » Logged
EBrown

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:40:00 »

The reason is simple. I've discussed this with John and Sam (From PFAS). They should have written to the press office, not CS.

I am no longer an active member of this website.
mjones
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:53:33 »

Could not CS have told them they needed to contact the Press Office? Or better still, forwarded the request to them?
EBrown

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 12:18:47 »

Even better, pointed them here http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Your-journey/On-board/First-class

FGW (First Great Western) tweeted that it was being investigated. :O

I am no longer an active member of this website.
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 15:52:15 »

at most companies, employees are not permitted to give any information to media enquiries, which this enquiry would of been classed as. any decent Media employee would know to contact the media office at the company, and that they would receive that response from customer services.
And this info is available freely online as well

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
mjones
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 16:32:43 »

At most companies the 'Customer Services' department would also know how to handle such an enquiry without looking evasive. It isn't hard: "Thank you for your enquiry which I have forwarded to our press office". 

And if the information is already available on a website then the Customer Services department ought to be able to provide  link without referring to a press office.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: