Train RunningShort Run
09:23 London Paddington to Oxford
14:02 Oxford to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 07:10:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[121] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[98] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[25] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[24] access for all at Devon stations report
[15] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[12] Misleading advertising?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW Engineering Work Page  (Read 2569 times)
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2012, 16:36:25 »

Why is this page not updated more often?
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Train-times-and-tickets/Train-times/Planned-changes

Still showing alterations from back in July!

Where as SWT (South West Trains) Engineering Work page shows service alterations up to and including Christmas which clearly shows it can be done.
http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/engineeringworkland.aspx

Not flamin' good enough FGW (First Great Western)! All very good having a fancy site but you need to keep it more up to date. Very slack.
Gordon the Blue Engine
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 19:05:35 »

I agree.  On a quick look Reading Festival and Henley Literary Festival details are also out of date, and I'm sure I'd find more old stuff if I looked a bit more.  I've found out of date pages before.

If you're going to run a website (which I do, in the transport sector but not railways) you need to keep it up to date.  It gives a bad impression otherwise.

How many people does FGW (First Great Western) employ to run its website? 1, 5, 10?
FGW

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:51:54 »

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the post. I completely agree that these pages should be up to date and I am sorry they have not been. We have just recruited a new Digital Executive and her role will be to keep a check on these things and make sure all content on our website is relevant, accurate and up to date.

I have passed your comments on and hopefully you will notice things are much better from now on!

Thanks again

Jo - FGW (First Great Western)
Gordon the Blue Engine
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 11:38:44 »

Hello Jo, may I be the first to welcome you here.

Thanks for your message, hope your new Digital Executive (what a job title!) settles in OK and does the business.

later)   ... Er, I've just realised I'm about the 8th to offer a welcome.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 16:41:30 by Gordon the Blue Engine » Logged
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 16:37:53 »

That's great to hear Jo. Sorry for my post being a bit strong. I'm a bit of a stickler for all things communication related as many of my posts here on this forum would show. Don't worry, I am like it for the company I work for as well.

With regards to keeping passengers informed about upcoming engineering work, most TOCs (Train Operating Company) tend to be retreating on the amount of information they provide. Even East Coast, with Nat Ex and GNER (Great North Eastern Railways) before them, have stopped posting revised timetables on their site now. Seems SWT (South West Trains) and EMT» (East Midlands Trains - about) are about the only TOCs that do nowadays.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: