Brighton Belle withdrawn (link)

Train RunningShort Run
06:00 Bedwyn to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 30, 2024, 05:30:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[120] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[90] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[77] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[76] Saturdays: Rochdale / Manchester onto the Settle and Carlisle
[56] Broadgage unwell.
[49] Newcomers start here ... and a reference for older hands

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hello and thanks FGW  (Read 5368 times)
ROGace

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2013, 14:37:13 »

newbie here,
i volunteer with the tornado steam locomotive 60163 which often is on GW (Great Western) rails and we keep her at Southall now most of the time.

www.a1steam.com

used to be a FGW (First Great Western) 1st class regular 2007-2012 when i lived at Paddington but now i live nr Dorchester west.

i just won 2 x FGW travel anywhere 1st class tickets from the Escape mag,  yay!  off to Padstow for a few days
next week on the 0930 Cornish Riviera to Bodmin...and on the coming back going to try the Pullman dining lunch train.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 14:48:29 »

Ah ... So I didn't win then! Grin Well done ROGace and welcome to the forum.
ROGace

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 14:57:07 »

Ah ... So I didn't win then! Grin Well done ROGace and welcome to the forum.

lol no sorry...what a good prize though,

got 4 nights at the Metropole hotel Padstow (the old LSWR (London South Western Railway) hotel nr the old station) for ^79BB pr rm pr nt,
bargain! http://www.the-metropole.co.uk/
The Tall Controller

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 00:21:39 »

I'm staff at Bodmin Parkway. What day are you heading down our way?
ROGace

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 07:15:26 »

I'm staff at Bodmin Parkway. What day are you heading down our way?

good morning Rob, lovely station you have,
i walked down the long carriage drive and lane to you last year from a delightful visit to the NT house Llanhydrock
and got the bus back to Padstow.

we arrive 16 April on the 1347 arrival C-Riv and have booked a hire car from Enterprise.
a tad nuisance we are re-timed and rerouted via Bristol that day.
hope the travelling chef is still going to be on board!

we were coming the week before but i cannot,
will miss the Steam Gala at the Bodmin and Wenford sadly...

Rog
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:25:08 by ROGace » Logged
The Tall Controller

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 19:02:18 »

Should be on that day unless something goes wrong but you're in good hands whoever it is! The down Riviera is the only train of the day we triple dispatch at Bodmin so look out for that! We have a platform curvature similar to Bristol Temple Meads so its always all hands on deck when HSTs (High Speed Train) comes down!

On a different note, you will enjoy Padstow, give the Camel trail a go when you're there. Everyone does! Plus, if you like your beer, head over to Rock and visit Sharps brewery.
ROGace

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 15:32:32 »

ok cool we will look out for you, thanks.

we have been to your area a few times before recently and thanks for extra info!

last time i was down was with Britannia 70000 on the sort-of ill-fated Atlantic coast express rail tour.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: