13:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
Delayed
08:34 Didcot Parkway to Banbury
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 26, 2024, 08:25:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[193] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[102] access for all at Devon stations report
[56] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[34] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[23] Cornish delays
[22] Theft from Severn Valley Railway

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I take with me on the train?  (Read 36921 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 15:10:00 »

Taking chairs on the underground may not be unique to the picture I took ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566684/Was-Hammersmith-Sit-y-line-Tube-passenger-avoids-battle-seat-bring-office-chair-journey.html

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Brucey
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 18:11:54 »

There's a whole gallery of them...
http://usvsth3m.com/post/77698382197/anarchy-in-the-uk-hipsters-are-taking-their-own-chairs
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 07:45:36 »

From Arriva Trains Wales ... http://www.arrivatrainswales.co.uk/AssistanceDogs/

Should I plan my journey in advance?
Whenever possible, customers travelling with Assistance Dogs are encouraged to reserve two seats in advance by calling Assisted Travel on 0845 300 3005.  One seat will be for the customer - the other kept free for the dog to sit or lie on the floor.

How do I find my seats?
The reservable seats will be identifiable by standard seat reservation tickets. To ensure that the empty seat reserved for the Assistance Dog is also kept free, the conductor will place an Assistance Dog Card in the reservation slot above the seat.

It says nothing about payment for the blocked seat, and I would suspect that payment is not required

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 14:54:11 »

Dog
Pushchair
Suitcases
Bicycle
Backpack
Children
Umbrella

In the final planning stage of the Melksham Carnival Walk for Saturday (all welcome  Grin ) and the group is going to comprise entirely things that you can take with you on the train. Each to be labelled in the parade with a "take me on the train" logo.

Question - have I missed anything out?   Would anyone else like to join, normally or exotically, within the guidelines?  Delighted to have you, pick up ahead of time from Melksham Station / drop off afterwards available.   Also available on the way back - limited lifts to Chippenham as the last train will be gone north before the parade ends.

P.S. "Wheelchair" difficult to ask anyone ... but I would be delighted to help push someone in a wheelchair around if there's someone who's appropriate and willing to do that for us.  An important group of users, but there's a sensitivity to asking.

SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 17:30:50 »

........a train set  Roll Eyes Tongue  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wooden-Circular-Train-Travel-Case/dp/B00C1ZXC7K
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 20:08:11 by SandTEngineer » Logged
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 01:20:50 »

A horse?

Tongue Wink Grin

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:21 »

Yeah ... I was the one to attend a very serious rail conference and wave a 1/72 model of 153382 around and say "we need[ed] a train".   Those of you who have a copy of the line brochure will note that 153382 appears in the illustration above the time summary inside, on a Swindon train at Trowbridge.   Perhaps I should take a model of a class 172 on the walk?

And on the same basis as I don't want to go back to a horse drawn tram - this is not Wrexham and I am not taking a pony  Wink

thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 05:11:25 »

A Compaq DL360 G1?

It was in 2008 back in my days of being in Taunton... Said Server fits just nicely on the Large Luggage Rack of a HST (High Speed Train).

I have also transported an HP ML115 G5 Server, HP XW4400 Workstation and Several Tools/IT Servicing Equipment which upon a stop and search by a Police Officer could and has in the past left me with a few questions to answer...! Undecided Embarrassed

Grin Grin Grin Grin
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 06:25:45 »

A Compaq DL360 G1?

I don't have one to hand.   Are you joining us tomorrow, and if so can you being one along?  Grin

thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 19:07:53 »

With thanks to @bjm2000uk on Twitter. This lovely photograph:

Grin Grin Grin Grin
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 21:24:46 »

How Many bikes allowed on one train?

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
Puffing Billy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 22:18:11 »

How Many bikes allowed on one train?
From the previous photograph, I would say two - a tricycle and a spin cycle
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: