DOO strikes start on Southern (link)

Train RunningDelayed
17:50 Penzance to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 26, 2024, 22:15:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[141] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[73] access for all at Devon stations report
[47] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[17] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[3] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[2] Cornish delays

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday HST to Weymouth  (Read 94139 times)
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2015, 22:33:10 »

There's no entries for the letter M in your list grahame. May I suggest:

Mr Whippy on the seafront.

Grin

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2017, 12:19:58 »

This Saturday is loco hauled according to some staff I've spoken with. There is also a move on RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) from Burton ot to Bristol Temple Meads into platform 11 arriving 5 minutes before the Weymouth service departs from P11. DBS» (Deutsch Bahn Schenker - UK (United Kingdom) website) of some kind I guess.

Hst unavailable due to the champions league final.

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2017, 12:40:08 »

Certainly looks to be loco hauled from all the gen I'm reading online.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2017, 13:53:23 »

It looks like the train paths have changed too, only by a minute or so on the way to Weymouth, significantly on the way back though. I feel sorry for anyone who wanted to connect onto the 2030 CrossCountry service back North, as its highly likely they'll miss it as a result of the change. The return working now arrives at Bristol TM(resolve) at 2029, it was previously advertised at 2009 arrival.
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2017, 13:57:31 »

The return leg for some reason is marked as 55mph top speed, the outbound leg 95.

Adelante_CCT
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2017, 15:09:09 »

Uphill from the seaside  Grin
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2017, 15:15:58 »

Locomotive on the front to Weymouth, and pushing from the back on the way home?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 15:43:36 »

The return leg for some reason is marked as 55mph top speed, the outbound leg 95.

This is the timing load of the train from origin. It is likely it changes somewhere before going on the branch. Therefore it most likely changes somewhere for 55mph on the way down, and change somewhere for 95mph on the way back.
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2017, 15:44:42 »

Locomotive on the front to Weymouth, and pushing from the back on the way home?

Most likely run-round in Jersey sidings.
Rhydgaled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2017, 17:55:18 »

This Saturday is loco hauled according to some staff I've spoken with.
So, it's back again is it? When I looked to check the other day, the GWR (Great Western Railway) Mixing Deck journey planner showed the Weymouth Wizard to have been removed from the schedule altogether this Saturday (because of the unavailable IC125 I presume).

----------------------------
Don't DOO (Driver-Only Operation (that is, trains which operate without carrying a guard)) it, keep the guard (but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea if the driver unlocked the doors on arrival at calling points).
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2017, 18:38:58 »

Curiously the loco hauled timing from RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) at 0906 shows on the gwr app as being operated by SWT (South West Trains), and with the SWT £13.00 promo valid.

JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2017, 10:53:13 »

DB» (Deutsche Bahn - German State Railway - about) Class 67 hauling eleven Mk2s (Mark 2 coach). Four of which are declassified 1st Class on the rear. I boarded at Castle Cary. I'm in coach L!

When did Weymouth last see a scheduled 11 coach loco hauled train?

Approaching Castle Cary:

Arrived at Yeovil Pen Mill:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:14:48 by bignosemac » Logged

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2017, 11:33:58 »

The unusual long train is the set is doing footex tonight after the game.
Operating a 0005 Cardiff central to Bristol temple meads.
It's then operating a 0140 Bristol temple meads to Cardiff followed by 0345 Cardiff central to Paddington. Callimg Swindon at 0510 and reading at 0606, arriving Paddington at 0649, before returning to burton.
Will football fans still be going home that late?

JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2017, 11:53:54 »

I've now left Coach L as some of the 'enthusiasts' are a little too boisterous for me.

Can anyone explain why hanging an inflatable crocodile out of the droplights and taking pictures of it is a thing?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 13:56:59 by bignosemac » Logged

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
trainer

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2017, 16:00:09 »

Can anyone explain why hanging an inflatable crocodile out of the droplights and taking pictures of it is a thing?

Perhaps because sticking your head out of the window listening to a diesel engine eventually bores even the most hardened enthusiast and alcohol blurs the sense about what a 'thing' for adults is?  My sympathies to those just wanting a pleasant day out on the train.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: