Train RunningShort Run
15:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
16:00 Oxford to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 26, 2024, 16:30:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[103] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[93] access for all at Devon stations report
[56] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[40] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[7] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[5] Cornish delays

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Poo powered bus takes to the streets of Bristol  (Read 17033 times)
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 12:03:29 »

I can't help thinking that, for completeness, they should use these for the new MetroBus services.

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 15:06:34 »

BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) Points West had a report on their 13:30 bulletin showing the plant at Avonmouth where the gas is collected - just as I was eating my lunch.   Sad
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 17:17:08 »

I can't help thinking that, for completeness, they should use these for the new MetroBus services.

It would be entirely appropriate for MetroBust, which is heading for the brown stuff as it is.

Now, please!
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 22:31:59 »

BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) Points West had a report on their 13:30 bulletin showing the plant at Avonmouth where the gas is collected - just as I was eating my lunch.   Sad

Avonmouth is not too far from me. And it's the perfect place to collect the fuel for these buses - being somewhat of a 5h1thole.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 22:37:29 »

Also, given the exterior graphics, one does wonder what type of seat is available (porcelain with sparse padding perhaps?) and if the fuel system is actually self contained?!  Grin

Nah - just bog standard.

Now, please!
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 15:54:26 »

I finally see that my 15+ toilet trips per day actually do some good for once Grin Tongue Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin Grin
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 17:32:56 »

I am sure some producers will be interested in hiring this  bus for evacuation scenes set in September 1939.... Huh
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 10:40:49 »

This could go viral - it's already gone fecal.

Now, please!
Cynthia

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:30 »

Poo-powered street lights are already in use in parts of the USA, the idea being that dog walkers pick up after their pets and tip the 'fuel' into a little generator, which provides lighting in dog walking areas where there wasn't any previously. We need one or two of those in Melksham! 

Trying to break ones addiction to car travel is much harder than giving up ciggies!
Bob_Blakey
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 20:18:52 »

Somewhat surprisingly, it seems that nobody has yet asked if travelling on one of these vehicles results in motion sickness.
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 22:14:43 »

Somewhat surprisingly, it seems that nobody has yet asked if travelling on one of these vehicles results in motion sickness.

Going through the motions? First time I heard that phrase since swimming off Southport.

Now, please!
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 23:11:06 »

From the guardian:

UK (United Kingdom)'s first 'poo bus' goes into regular service

Bio-Bus fuelled by human and household waste, which first ran between Bristol and Bath, will operate 15-mile route four days a week

Britain^s first ^poo bus^, which runs on human and household waste, goes into regular service this month.