Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 22/05/24 - WWRUG / TransWilts update
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Apr (1973)
Patent award for Janney (Buckeye) coupling (*)

Train RunningDelayed
23:03 Reading to Gatwick Airport
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 00:25:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[101] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[87] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[32] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[31] access for all at Devon stations report
[19] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[16] Misleading advertising?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46
  Print  
Author Topic: First Great Western rebrands to Great Western Railway and related department changes  (Read 301273 times)
Charles T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: September 27, 2015, 07:52:35 »

Yeah but what is it expected to be on

We are sorry to announce that the .. Great Western Railway service is delayed.
a-driver

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 27, 2015, 07:59:18 »

Yeah but what is it expected to be on

Green set not in use today.
Charles T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: September 27, 2015, 08:01:03 »

😢😢😢

TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 27, 2015, 09:41:31 »

😢😢😢

Buy some green tinted spectacles and use your imagination!  Grin
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2015, 10:18:07 »

Better than the rose tinted ones people who post on here are often wearing...  Wink

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Charles T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2015, 16:54:27 »

Lol

plymothian

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2015, 19:28:32 »

A ba****d set of green locos and green and blue carriages was in Laira today.

Please be aware that only the first 4 words of this post will be platformed on this message board.
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2015, 07:54:53 »

I mde my first visit to the new website last night. The cookies have changed, it didn't recognise me and I had to struggle through several passwords before I got the right one. Credit and Nectar card details were remembered, though.

Now, please!
plymothian

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2015, 19:21:47 »

It renders awfully on a mobile or tablet, with either a huge immovable menu overlay that blocks the whole screen or you get a corrupt script warning, depending on the browser.

Please be aware that only the first 4 words of this post will be platformed on this message board.
Bmblbzzz
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2015, 12:43:42 »

It was "Great Western Railway" in the announcements while I was waiting at Cheltenham on Sunday but "First Great Western" connections mentioned on the train at Newport and Temple Meads. But then, it was a XC (Cross Country Trains (franchise)) train!

Waiting at Pilning for the midnight sleeper to Prague.
Charles T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2015, 17:15:24 »

I was at GCR» (Gloucester - next trains) on sunday. The train manager (Sonya) told people of for hanging out of the windows. But I didn't hang out. She was grumpy. Not like the nice train manager on the way back though (Mr. Tall and long beard (un-identified)) he was nice!

TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2015, 17:43:50 »

I was at GCR» (Gloucester - next trains) on sunday. The train manager (Sonya) told people of for hanging out of the windows. But I didn't hang out. She was grumpy. Not like the nice train manager on the way back though (Mr. Tall and long beard (un-identified)) he was nice!

Much unlike the TM(resolve) on the 1424 BTH» (Bath Spa - next trains) to BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains), who announced that we were "arriving at sunny Bristol Temple Meads!" with a real exclamation mark and a delivery reminiscent of Alan Freeman. He encouraged us to make sure we had all our beleongings "because of all the annoyance that can cause", and reminded us "Whatever you do, keep those sunglasses on! I hope to see you again soon on a Great Western Railway service".

It was better than it sounds from my attempt at recollection. Bit cheesey in parts, but full marks for the individual touch.

Now, please!
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2015, 17:46:15 »

Yes I have travelled with him - he got more into hyperbole talking about the stops beyond Bristol on the way to Paignton but then announced that he was, sadly, leaving the service at Bristol and so wouldn't be able to join us on the beach.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2015, 17:54:17 »

Yes I have travelled with him - he got more into hyperbole talking about the stops beyond Bristol on the way to Paignton but then announced that he was, sadly, leaving the service at Bristol and so wouldn't be able to join us on the beach.

The sort of personal touch that's nice to hear on an occasional basis, but travel with him every day and you'd end up wanting to throttle him!

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2015, 17:57:03 »

True - there was one TM(resolve) who often worked the 07:30 from Paddington when it was the Merchant Venturer and he insisted on calling it the Merchant Ven-turer. 
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46
  Print  

Jump to: