09:23 London Paddington to Oxford
09:23 Swansea to London Paddington
14:02 Oxford to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 10:02:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[151] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[83] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[17] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[16] access for all at Devon stations report
[10] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[8] Misleading advertising?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crossrail engineer works Xmas/NY 2015/2016  (Read 5508 times)
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2015, 11:36:50 »

My understanding, based on signs I have seen, is that it's the changes needed for crossrail that have meant the changes to services between Reading<>Paddington over the Christmas break.

This is where I have to show my ignorance because I don't know the extent of the Crossrail works in terms of their impact on existing GWML (Great Western Main Line) track and signalling.

If the works run late for any reason what is the possible impact on GWR (Great Western Railway) (and maybe Heathrow) services? Or does it depend on which segment of works runs late?

Are there any plans in place to stable diagrams differently in the event there are any delays which restrict traffic leaving Old Oak Common? I appreciate that this is a double edge sword in the if everything goes to plan - as I hope it does - then not having diagrams in their normal place could maybe cause scheduling issues in its own right.

I hope I have articulated my question correctly ) I'm not looking for a chance to bash NR» (Network Rail - home page)/CR here...just curious about the planning

Dave
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 16:51:27 »

Well the wires are up in Taplow!

(If there are any problems such as you allude to tomorrow you can expect to see some angry posts from me as I'll be at Taplow station bright and early to get up to London!!!)
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 16:56:29 »

(If there are any problems such as you allude to tomorrow you can expect to see some angry posts from me as I'll be at Taplow station bright and early to get up to London!!!)

Come on TG....try and be positive for the rest of 2015!
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 17:04:11 »

Once I've managed to uncross my toes, fingers and everything else and am sitting on a train tomorrow morning I'll be as happy as a sandboy (......apart from being on my way to work!!!)  Grin
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 17:08:08 »

Once I've managed to uncross my toes, fingers and everything else and am sitting on a train tomorrow morning I'll be as happy as a sandboy (......apart from being on my way to work!!!)  Grin

I look forward to a full status update in the morning...
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 17:40:25 »

Problems such as ............. due to a Overhead Line power failure trains are not able to run through Taplow  Grin

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 17:41:55 »

Problems such as ............. due to a Overhead Line power failure trains are not able to run through Taplow  Grin

ET you are mischievous!
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:45:35 »

Well I'm pleased to report that the 0651 from Taplow Central was on time..........not that I ever had any doubts of course!  Grin

Shortformed so a bit cosy but not too bad - switched to the fast lines from West Drayton-ish and could see a lot of work going on from Hayes and Harlington onwards, arrived at Platform 5 at Paddington (a rare treat, usually 13/14!) but unfortunately no gateline staff in evidence and only 1 gate on "exit" which caused a bit of a problem whenever anyone's ticket got stuck!

Overall then a huge improvement on the "first day back" of previous years.............let's see what this evening brings!!!
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:52 »

Well I'm pleased to report that the 0651 from Taplow Central was on time..........not that I ever had any doubts of course!  Grin

Fingers crossed for the commute home tonight...
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 16:23:47 »

ET you are mischievous!

My middle name  Grin

- switched to the fast lines from West Drayton-ish

The Great Western has always had Main Lines and Relief Lines other lesser railways have fast and slow lines  Grin and in the UK (United Kingdom) trains are Crossed from one line to another.

Glad to hear the train service got up and running this morning

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: