14:24 Reading to Gatwick Airport
15:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
16:00 Oxford to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 26, 2024, 16:12:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[103] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[93] access for all at Devon stations report
[56] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[40] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[7] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[5] Cornish delays

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • GWR Timetable recast: December 15, 2019 - December 16, 2019
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  
Author Topic: December 2019 timetable recast  (Read 50213 times)
JontyMort

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2019, 19:17:55 »

On the subject of the new TT, when would it be reasonable to expect Network Rail to get the full GB (Great Britain)-wide PDF version on their website? My answer to that would be "once an Anytime return has validity extending to the new timetable" - i.e. now.

Is there any sign of it appearing?
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2019, 20:42:21 »

On the subject of the new TT, when would it be reasonable to expect Network Rail to get the full GB (Great Britain)-wide PDF version on their website? My answer to that would be "once an Anytime return has validity extending to the new timetable" - i.e. now.

Is there any sign of it appearing?
It usually appears a week or two out from the start of the new timetable.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2019, 13:42:37 »

At least when they do appear online and at stations the GWR (Great Western Railway) social media team won’t have to keep answering why aren’t they available to view online. GWR have done a great job spreading the word about the new timetable without actually publishing the one thing people want to see...the new timetable!
For some reason GWR still want to point people to https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/pockettimetable/search when promoting the new timetable on social media.

See tweet below:
https://twitter.com/gwrhelp/status/1199660079668224000?s=21

Where someone asks are the pdfs available yet to which the answer given is yes you can download a pdf here https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/pockettimetable/search

Person comes back saying they know about that but want a pdf of the full timetable. Knowing they are up on the GWR website, and have been since mid November, I post the link to the timetables page and suggest to GWR help that why not put the link to the new timetables on the 2019 page https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/timetable-2019 so everyone can find them easily.

Not long after my tweet, which has been deleted, and not by me, the person has now been directed by GWR help to the page where the new timetable pdfs can be found which is what they asked for in the first place.

Please help me out to understand why having gone to the effort of publishing the timetables online and making them available at stations in good time for the timetable change that GWR are not updating this page  https://www.gwr.com/plan-journey/timetable-2019 so people can easily find the new timetable pdfs.

Why don’t GWR want people to find the new timetables on their website?

Also @GWRhelp I don’t appreciate my tweets being deleted when I was trying to help one of your customers and make a helpful and not critical suggestion  Angry
Richard Fairhurst
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2019, 13:58:57 »

Also @GWRhelp I don’t appreciate my tweets being deleted when I was trying to help one of your customers and make a helpful and not critical suggestion  Angry

GWR (Great Western Railway) can't delete your tweets - but the new Twitter interface is very counter-intuitive and tends to randomly hide stuff. Your tweet's still there in the replies at https://twitter.com/jamesvertigan/status/1199662243677429760 (but whether you get to see it probably depends on browser, mobile vs desktop, phase of the moon, etc. etc.).
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2019, 14:08:31 »

GWR (Great Western Railway) can't delete your tweets - but the new Twitter interface is very counter-intuitive and tends to randomly hide stuff. Your tweet's still there in the replies at https://twitter.com/jamesvertigan/status/1199662243677429760 (but whether you get to see it probably depends on browser, mobile vs desktop, phase of the moon, etc. etc.).
Thanks for pointing that out Richard. Yes I use mobile Twitter.

And apologies to @GWRhelp.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2019, 17:10:16 »

New timetables in the racks at Paddington. One word, impressed.

The only slight issue is they in the racks near Platform 1 with no large sign to say they are the new ones.   The current ones are in the racks near Burger King.

Today I noted someone looking at a new timetable and glancing up at the boards.  When I asked him when he was travelling his reply was "This afternoon, if I can find the right train"
CyclingSid
Data Manager

Hockley viaduct

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2019, 06:59:29 »

What is the situation with the availability of new printed timetables?

Not available at Reading and when I asked was told there was a financial penalty if they were displayed before the 15th!
JontyMort

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2019, 08:19:15 »

Not available at Reading and when I asked was told there was a financial penalty if they were displayed before the 15th!

Not sure about GWR (Great Western Railway) but the full Network Rail version is now on the website.
Sixty3Closure

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2019, 08:33:14 »

None at Twyford either. I was renewing my season ticket (sigh...) and asked about them and was told I could only have the current timetable. The customer service person seemed quite weary about it though so I suspect he'd been asked a lot as the old timetables were much more prominent than I remember them being.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2019, 08:40:23 »

Not sure about GWR (Great Western Railway) but the full Network Rail version is now on the website.

Mirror at http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/nrtt20/ - needs proper formatting / presentation

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2019, 08:52:48 »

Mirror at http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/nrtt20/ - needs proper formatting / presentation

OK - links should work from our station comparator unless table numbers have changed.
Example - http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/smr/SRD.html

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
rogerw
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2019, 09:08:28 »

A note of caution regarding the new national timetable. There are a number of errors present and able 17 is missing.  Table 17 will be added and a number of other tables updated early in the new year

I like to travel.  It lets me feel I'm getting somewhere.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2019, 09:27:10 »

Well they were on display at Paddington when I passed through on the 18th of November. I’ve also seen other TOCs (Train Operating Company) putting out new timetables a month ahead of schedule clearly displaying a note on the racks that these are the forthcoming timetables.
Incider
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2019, 19:23:36 »

Talking to someone from GWR (Great Western Railway) today and they are convinced that they are miles away from being able to run the new timetable.  This Sunday coming, may well be a particularly bad day for staff shortages.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2019, 20:56:12 »

This Sunday coming, may well be a particularly bad day for staff shortages.
I’m bracing myself for the fact that this could well be the case for my journey home from London on Sunday evening.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to: