Bristol Parkway station opens

Train RunningShort Run
17:50 Penzance to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
May 01, 2024, 00:23:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[95] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[94] Train drivers "overwhelmingly white middle aged men"
[77] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[57] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[50] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[29] Clan Line - by Clan Line !

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with IET trains from April 2021  (Read 96525 times)
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: October 18, 2023, 22:02:15 »

The IET (Intercity Express Train) which failed at Teignmouth this morning seems to have been moved to Newton Abbot platform 1 and is currently sitting there with a headcode 5H17. Is this saying what I think it means?!

No that’s a different IET.

Full story here  http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=28017.0
a-driver

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 18, 2023, 23:57:03 »

The IET (Intercity Express Train) which failed at Teignmouth this morning seems to have been moved to Newton Abbot platform 1 and is currently sitting there with a headcode 5H17. Is this saying what I think it means?!

No, that’s the IET that failed at Teignmouth Tuesday evening on 1C92
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2024, 08:54:28 »

Lower availability today in Cornwall
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington due 09:55
Facilities on the 05:03 Penzance to London Paddington due 09:55.
Will be formed of 5 coaches instead of 10. There are no reservations on this service. (No added coaches at Plymouth).
Also
07:12 Plymouth to Penzance due 09:19
07:12 Plymouth to Penzance due 09:19 will be reinstated.
This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.
Will be formed of 2 coaches instead of 9. First class not available. There are no reservations on this service.
This turns into
10:20 Penzance to London Paddington due 15:27
Facilities on the 10:20 Penzance to London Paddington due 15:27.
Will be formed of 2 coaches instead of 9 to Plymouth. First class not available to Plymouth. There are no reservations on this service to Plymouth.

Personal opinion only.  Writings not representative of any union, collective, management or employer. (Think that absolves me...........)
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2024, 08:56:11 »

Of course, residents in Melksham would be delighted to have a regular 2 car train daily with a half hour service!
So Cornwall shouldn't complain.

Personal opinion only.  Writings not representative of any union, collective, management or employer. (Think that absolves me...........)
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2024, 19:19:39 »

Lower availability today in Cornwall
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington due 09:55
Facilities on the 05:03 Penzance to London Paddington due 09:55.
Will be formed of 5 coaches instead of 10. There are no reservations on this service. (No added coaches at Plymouth).
Also
07:12 Plymouth to Penzance due 09:19
07:12 Plymouth to Penzance due 09:19 will be reinstated.
Will be formed of 2 coaches instead of 9. First class not available. There are no reservations on this service.
This turns into
10:20 Penzance to London Paddington due 15:27
Facilities on the 10:20 Penzance to London Paddington due 15:27.
Will be formed of 2 coaches instead of 9 to Plymouth. First class not available to Plymouth. There are no reservations on this service to Plymouth.

I am told by a couple of passengers that the 10:20 was in fact formed of a 5 car IET (Intercity Express Train).   Looks like there was a set swap at Penzance with an incoming service from Bristol Temple Meads.   The 5 car ran all the way to London with no change of train or attachment at Plymouth.   

As reported on other occasions this wasn't updated on Journeycheck.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2024, 19:43:21 »

The 1635 Paddington to Plymouth was only five vice ten, only went as far as Exeter, was absolutely rammed leaving Paddington and was not listed on Journeycheck as being shorformed. I know II has mentioned before you can’t rely on JC to give the complete picture.

I had elderly relatives on this train. Fortunately they just managed to get a seat, though not together and certainly not the ones that I had been booked for them.

The reason given was the usual ‘more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.’
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2024, 21:32:12 »

The 1635 Paddington to Plymouth was only five vice ten, only went as far as Exeter, was absolutely rammed leaving Paddington and was not listed on Journeycheck as being shorformed. I know II has mentioned before you can’t rely on JC to give the complete picture.

I had elderly relatives on this train. Fortunately they just managed to get a seat, though not together and certainly not the ones that I had been booked for them.

The reason given was the usual ‘more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.’

Didn't the MD of GWR (Great Western Railway) advise the forum "Meet the Manager" that they were in the process of arranging with Hitachi better availability of IET (Intercity Express Train)'s!

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #697 on: January 17, 2024, 22:04:22 »

Didn't the MD of GWR (Great Western Railway) advise the forum "Meet the Manager" that they were in the process of arranging with Hitachi better availability of IET (Intercity Express Train)'s!

I'm not sure if it was at our "Meet the Manager" but I have heard that said.  But then more are needed now that the HSTs (High Speed Train) have been reduced to just three daily diagrams.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #698 on: January 18, 2024, 08:33:14 »

I'm not sure if it was at our "Meet the Manager" but I have heard that said.  But then more are needed now that the HSTs (High Speed Train) have been reduced to just three daily diagrams.
Apologies, yes. Or no. It wasn't here, but on someone's vlog - Mark , and two other gents talking about trains.

TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 23, 2024, 21:01:05 »

Westbury to Plymouth in a Turbo??? Ouch.

17:36 London Paddington to Plymouth due 21:25
17:36 London Paddington to Plymouth due 21:25 will be reinstated.

It will be started from Westbury.
It will no longer call at London Paddington, Reading, Newbury and Pewsey.

Will be formed of 3 coaches instead of 9.

First class not available. Catering is not available. There are no reservations on this service. Toilet facilities are reduced. Disabled toilet facilities are reduced.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 23, 2024, 21:39:06 »

Not ideal no. But fair play to GWR (Great Western Railway) for able to provide something for travellers from Westbury onwards.

Being a Turbo, there will of course be first class accommodation; just declassified.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 23, 2024, 22:45:21 »

And Turbos routinely cover much longer trips such as Cardiff<>Portsmouth of course.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 24, 2024, 05:14:27 »

Not ideal no. But fair play to GWR (Great Western Railway) for able to provide something for travellers from Westbury onwards.

Being a Turbo, there will of course be first class accommodation; just declassified.

Of course. One can only hope that said travellers were suitably grateful.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 24, 2024, 08:19:11 »

Was it even three coaches or was it swapped for two on the way?  I am told it was 150 248 that arrived at Plymouth.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 24, 2024, 08:39:38 »

Answering my own question.  Looking at Realtime Trains it was 166 207 as far as Exeter St Davids and then 150 248 forward from there.   Thinking about it, are turbos cleared on the main line past Newton Abbot?
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49
  Print  

Jump to: