Delayed
03:56 Swansea to London Paddington
05:15 Plymouth to Penzance
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 27, 2024, 07:10:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[69] access for all at Devon stations report
[44] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[16] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[2] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[1] Cornish delays

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Devon and Cornwall resignalling  (Read 24664 times)
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2024, 10:03:23 »

I'm looking at it now, on the Cornwall workstation of Exeter PSB (Power Signal Box), on Signalmaps

https://signalmaps.co.uk/#cornwall:4171

REVUpminster

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2024, 11:28:21 »

I'm looking at it now, on the Cornwall workstation of Exeter PSB (Power Signal Box), on Signalmaps

https://signalmaps.co.uk/#cornwall:4171

Thanks for that. I found that site very difficult as there does not seem to be a search box.  I got Paddington, Liverpool St and a number of other locations but not what I wanted.
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2024, 12:47:26 »

Lovely to be able to ‘see’ where the trains are west of Liskeard for the first time ever.

Which site?
Opentrains not yet.
Traksy has the track layout to Penzance but not the signals beyond Liskard.
Signalmaps is unsearchable.

https://signalmaps.co.uk/#cornwall:1387

Personal opinion only.  Writings not representative of any union, collective, management or employer. (Think that absolves me...........)
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2024, 12:48:21 »

Lovely to be able to ‘see’ where the trains are west of Liskeard for the first time ever.

Which site?
Opentrains not yet.
Traksy has the track layout to Penzance but not the signals beyond Liskard.
Signalmaps is unsearchable.

https://signalmaps.co.uk/#cornwall:1387

Apologies, duplicated

Personal opinion only.  Writings not representative of any union, collective, management or employer. (Think that absolves me...........)
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2024, 13:11:24 »

First trains up and down seem to be on a go-slow!
Next departures speeding up somewhat.
5S43 0431 Laira T.& R.S.M.D. to Truro
 This service is partially cancelled
This service was cancelled between Truro and Penzance due to a problem with signalling equipment (J3).

Explains the go-slow.
Falmouth branch having problems this morning -
Cancellations to services between Truro and Falmouth Docks
Due to a fault with the radio system between the driver and the signaller between Truro and Falmouth Docks fewer trains are able to run.
Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 14:00 11/03.

IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2024, 13:26:20 »

Thanks for that. I found that site very difficult as there does not seem to be a search box.  I got Paddington, Liverpool St and a number of other locations but not what I wanted.

Click on ‘Select Line’ and it’ll list all the maps.  Not the easiest to find what you’re looking for I agree.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
plymothian

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2024, 13:47:34 »

I presume CL, as seen on the Truro signal posts, refers to Cornwall. New workstation at Exeter 'box, yes?

Mid-Cornwall workstation at Exeter PSB (Power Signal Box).  CL for CornwalL

Please be aware that only the first 4 words of this post will be platformed on this message board.
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2024, 13:16:30 »

https://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/signalling/exeter?fbclid=IwAR10Dta6R0cNRYCnIF5yZajblSVu7bajmwPkvXDG8lSIkDDCT05WDCUOV0s

New extended Cornish map now online.

GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2024, 18:07:48 »

Oh dear (teething problems?)
Due to a fault with the signalling system between Truro and Falmouth Docks fewer trains are able to run.
Train services running to and from these stations may be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 18:45 12/03.
Customer Advice
Due to a fault with the signal system near Penryn, fewer trains are having to run on the Truro to Falmouth branch line.

We have had to reduce the service this evening in order to minimise delays on the route.

RailCornwall

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2024, 19:02:39 »

To be honest, linking issues at Penryn with the new arrangements when similar issues have occurred regularly previously isn't as black and white as could be inferred from today's information.
lympstone_commuter
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2024, 19:16:14 »

https://traksy.uk/live/M+8+BODMNPW

...and, for the record, the resignalled area is now on Traksy, too.

Kernowman

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2024, 00:16:00 »

I think it's a shame that the new signals aren't being controlled from somewhere in Cornwall. I wonder if timings will get slightly quicker as a result of the re-signalling?  I recall Cornwall’s fastest long-distance timings - HST (High Speed Train) times from 31 years ago – the 17 May 1993 – 3 Oct 1993 timetable:-
Mondays – Fridays
05.19 Penzance – Paddington 10.00  (4 hours 41 minutes)
08.25 Edinburgh - Penzance 18.35  (10 hours 10 minutes)
Saturdays
10.30 Paddington - Penzance 15.10 (4 hours 40 minutes)
Faster than today, information courtesy of the National Railway Museum Search Engine Archive in York, a very useful resource.
Of course, these timings were before fines for late arrivals made schedules slacker.

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2024, 05:45:47 »

Faster than today, information courtesy of the National Railway Museum Search Engine Archive in York, a very useful resource.

Of course, these timings were before fines for late arrivals made schedules slacker.

I personally prefer the train to take a few minutes longer and be on time. It may have happened be because of fines, or because the railways are busier, or because of some additional stops (out of Cornwall, looking at Chippenham over the years). My preference is to be on time into St. Erth and not a few minutes late and seeing the St.Ives trains leaving as we arrive.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2024, 16:34:50 »

Due to a fault with the signalling system between Truro and Falmouth Docks the line is blocked.
Train services running to and from these stations will be cancelled. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.
Customer Advice
We're sorry for the delay to your journey.

A fault with the signalling system, which tells the signaller where trains are means we cannot run trains between Truro and Falmouth Docks.
AND
Cancellations to services between Truro and Redruth
Due to a fault with the signalling system between Truro and Redruth the line towards Penzance is blocked.
Train services running through these stations will be cancelled or delayed. Disruption is expected until 17:00 15/03.

GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2024, 16:36:27 »

16:25 Looe to Liskeard due 16:51
16:25 Looe to Liskeard due 16:51 will be cancelled.
This is due to a fault with the signalling system.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: