09:59 Cheltenham Spa to London Paddington
Short Run
06:50 Bristol Temple Meads to Penzance
07:12 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
07:24 Taunton to London Paddington
07:27 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Delayed
An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 08:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 30, 2024, 08:52:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[113] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[85] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[73] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[72] Saturdays: Rochdale / Manchester onto the Settle and Carlisle
[53] Broadgage unwell.
[46] Newcomers start here ... and a reference for older hands

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Severn Beach line - timetables, engineering work, closures, incidents (merged topics)  (Read 130301 times)
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2011, 22:16:28 »

... Ollie?  Roll Eyes

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2011, 00:54:54 »

Apologies - I looked at the wrong timetable Sad

Seeing as the updated timetable - available on the page that bnm linked to is published. It won't appear on the "Alterations Page" as it is in the published timetable and therefore not an alteration.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:09 »

But that page is called ' Timetable alterations and engineering works'

Other engineering works have had their revised timetables published and had an entry on the 'alterations' page.

To be fair to FGW (First Great Western), amended timetables are at SVB Line stations pointing out that it will be RRBs (Rail Replacement Bus) for the next 6 Sundays.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2011, 12:20:10 »

Well even the page opens by saying:

"Below is a summary of changes to the published timetable.

Please note that the following list only shows alterations (and engineering works) to our printed timetables. Details of some, usually longer term periods of disruption are often included in our printed timetables."
JaminBob

View Profile Email
« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2011, 21:44:13 »

Ok I'm really confused. Whilst i do trust the knowledge of people here, I can't find 'official' confirmation online anywhere...

Are you saying that as it is a published change to the timetable, that it does not show up on alterations? Or it is in the original timetable?

Edit: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Documents/Custom/SEPT%202011%20TT/GW11S_TT29_(7).pdf

Ok.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 21:52:03 by JaminBob » Logged
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2011, 16:52:00 »

I don't know if this is as a result of this discussion here at the Coffee Shop or someone flagging this up, but FGW (First Great Western) have posted a pdf of the poster of the revised timetable showing rail replacement bus services on their Timetable Alterations and Engineering Works page where you normally expect to find these sort of details:

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=720

FGW used to put pdfs of station posters showing revised timetables at times of engineering work on this page but for some reason stopped doing this instead publishing just the current summary of works taking place pages instead which isn't a lot of use IMHO (in my humble opinion). When FGW launch their new website soon will improved information about revisions due to engineering work be part of it? Would be good.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2011, 17:00:16 »

Now that does make sense.

Details about timetable alterations and engineering work on a webpage titled, 'Timetable alterations & engineering work'

What a novel idea!  Tongue

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2011, 22:37:37 »

Lips sealed

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
phile

Language spoken Welsh as well as English

View Profile Email
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2011, 19:43:32 »

Somebody has posted this topic on another Forum and accuses FGW (First Great Western) of being too lazy to post the alterations on their Website.    Neither are they posted on BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) Rail Travel News (430).   The line is actually closed between Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads with rail replacement buses.   (I have posted another thread on a different matter relating to this occupation on the Cardiff to Portsmouth Board
These are not Timetable Alterations as such but are part of the Published Timetable covering a dated period from September 18th to October 23rd.   This indicates there is no need for FGW to publish as alterations
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2011, 20:16:07 »

They are part of some published timetables. The printed National Rail Timetable doesn't contain the amended times and the electronic National Rail Timetable contains incorrect information for the Severn Beach Line during the engineering period.

So, I think FGW (First Great Western) should publish the details on their 'alterations'  - as they have now done. Also updating the 'timetables' page as well.

My personal view is that both pages should be kept up to date. That wasn't the case last week, but things on the website are much clearer now, so thanks to FGW for that.

Now, I wonder what prompted the updating of all the timetables? FGW aren't particularly well known for keeping their website up to date. I'm still waiting for details of the remaining Meet the Manager sessions for example. Thus far only details of 12 have been published on the website. There are supposed to be 25 a year, 1st Apr-31st March. Those Managers are going to have a busy winter fitting in those remaining 13 sessions, 8 of which have to be on High Speed services.

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2011, 20:35:37 »

There are other TOCs (Train Operating Company) which publish such alterations which vary from the norm even if published in the Timetable.   An instance on BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) Travel today in respect of XC (Cross Country Trains (franchise)) operating replacement buses between Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads.
JaminBob

View Profile Email
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2011, 08:29:22 »

They are part of some published timetables. The printed National Rail Timetable doesn't contain the amended times and the electronic National Rail Timetable contains incorrect information for the Severn Beach Line during the engineering period.

I suppose the point is that I use the SB (Signal Box) line nearly every week day (admittedly rarely on sundays) and ended up hearing about this change from you guys. Which i would suggest is not ideal  Wink
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2011, 15:59:25 »

The Severn Beach line is shewn as Timetable alterations but not Bristol to Worcester (Sundays usual destination)
rich0099

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2012, 12:56:12 »

Just received via txt alert from FGW (First Great Western):

"Services between Severn Beach & Avonmouth will be altered Fri, Sat, Sun. Please check www.fgw.co.uk for details."

Via website:

"Alterations to services between Severn Beach, St Andrews Road, Avonmouth and Bristol Temple Meads from Friday 10th February until Sunday 12th February inclusive.

Due to essential engineering work at St Andrews Road, train services will not be able to operate between Severn Beach, St Andrews Road and Avonmouth from start of service on Friday 10th February until 1600 on Sunday 12th February. Replacement road transport will be in operation between these Stations and to take customers onwards to Stations to Bristol Temple Meads (as required).

Customers are advised to check this website at 1400 this afternoon for further details."
_____

I'm guessing it's something to do with the current SAR speed restrictions at the level crossing. I was told that a lorry shed some concrete over it.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2012, 14:00:28 »

Nuts!

Fingers crossed the problem is sorted for Sunday AM. I've planned to be out surveying passengers on the down service to SVB at 0908 and it's return.

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: