Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 22/05/24 - WWRUG / TransWilts update
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Apr (1973)
Patent award for Janney (Buckeye) coupling (*)

Train RunningDelayed
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
22:00 Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter St Davids
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 23:48:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[120] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[90] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[77] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[76] Saturdays: Rochdale / Manchester onto the Settle and Carlisle
[56] Broadgage unwell.
[49] Newcomers start here ... and a reference for older hands

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: South West Trains stop at Dawlish Warren  (Read 11246 times)
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 16:10:13 »

FGW (First Great Western) are toying with the idea of using loco+stock to replace the SWT (South West Trains) diagrams west of Exeter, this could work as most of the work is mainline work.
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 16:15:53 »

Me thinks this is perfect time to start open access operations... ... ... Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 17:38:31 »

Or just do what Vacman is saying, the timings I have heard would work.
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 18:34:42 »

ok just to clear up my earlyer mess up i belive fgw along with a few other opperators are trying to get hold of some dvt's as to where they would be used i have no idea but it makes sence to use one loco and a dvt rather that the cost of two locos or one and doing a run around at end destinations
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 18:47:26 »

ok just to clear up my earlyer mess up i belive fgw along with a few other opperators are trying to get hold of some dvt's as to where they would be used i have no idea but it makes sence to use one loco and a dvt rather that the cost of two locos or one and doing a run around at end destinations

DBS» (Deutsch Bahn Schenker - UK (United Kingdom) website) did intend to replace one of the class 67s on the Taunton - Cardiff diagram with a DVT(resolve).

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 18:52:25 »

as far as i can see and this is relying on good old wickipedia im afraid there are 26 class 82 dvt's in storage, mixture of mk3 and 4, what locos these are compatible with how many are still in working order wold be an interesting thing to know
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 19:07:17 »

Minor modifications would be needed to allow the DVT(resolve) to work with the 67, however i'm not sure if they will work with the Mk2 (Mark 2 coach) coaches.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 19:24:59 »

thats a good point, what about a 47
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 19:49:21 »

More a case of the Mk2s (Mark 2 coach) not being throughwired, so whatever stock used, would need a rewire of the coaches, unless some "Blue Star" Mk2s are used. (as used for the Bristol - Minehead)
rogerw
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 22:11:46 »

DVTs(resolve) use the train lighting circuits.  They worked on the WCML (West Coast Main Line) on Mk2s (Mark 2 coach) to Brum for years.

I like to travel.  It lets me feel I'm getting somewhere.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: