17:50 Penzance to London Paddington
Delayed
18:03 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 30, 2024, 23:21:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[95] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[94] Train drivers "overwhelmingly white middle aged men"
[77] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[57] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[50] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[29] Clan Line - by Clan Line !

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exeter Incident...21 January 2009?  (Read 3549 times)
thetrout

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2009, 21:26:05 »

Was waiting for a Train to Bristol TM(resolve) this morning and every single FGW (First Great Western) service to London from Taunton was delayed. Some by more than 30 minutes. Train manager said it was because of an incident at Exeter St Davids.

Maybe an insider knows more..?

Grin Grin Grin Grin
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 22:09:38 »

Might have something to do with the severe ice across Devon and Cornwall this morning. It would appear that the up golden hind was delayed due to atrocious rail conditions at bodmin.
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 22:12:51 »

ah yes, that would make perfect sense. On my commute I was also delayed at Bristol Temple Meads by trespassers at Cheltenham Spa, so with everything from cheltenham arriving late as well as the via Bristol Temple Meads trains late...

It was absolute chaos Sad

Grin Grin Grin Grin
gaf71

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18:56 »

ah yes, that would make perfect sense. On my commute I was also delayed at Bristol Temple Meads by trespassers at Cheltenham Spa, so with everything from cheltenham arriving late as well as the via Bristol Temple Meads trains late...

It was absolute chaos Sad
Points failure near Exeter St Davids.
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:07:41 »

Not a great day for points failures then? (see link below.)
http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=4212.msg34274#msg34274

Vous devez ĂȘtre impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
Super Guard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 16:16:22 »

The points failure at Red Cow Crossing, Exeter only caused one delay out of Exeter of 25mins for the PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) service via Bristol, and the Golden Hind arrived and left Exeter 30 late.  I don't know if there were any further problems at Cowley Bridge Junction too?

Any opinions made on this forum are purely personal and my own.  I am in no way speaking for, or offering the views of First Great Western or First Group.

If my employer feels I have broken any aspect of the Social Media Policy, please PM me immediately, so I can rectify without delay.
The SprinterMeister

Trundling round the SW

Chris64ex4@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 18:15:01 »

I don't know if there were any further problems at Cowley Bridge Junction too?
I believe not. I seem to manage to get on and off the Barny branch twice today with no problems at Cowley Bridge Jn.

Trundling gently round the SW
The SprinterMeister

Trundling round the SW

Chris64ex4@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 18:22:15 »

Might have something to do with the severe ice across Devon and Cornwall this morning. It would appear that the up golden hind was delayed due to atrocious rail conditions at bodmin.
I don't think 1A76 (Golden Hind) was delayed at all. Well not until it got to Woodborough. Some farce with 7A09 apparently.

devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 18:32:17 »

I don't think 1A76 (Golden Hind) was delayed at all. Well not until it got to Woodborough. Some farce with 7A09 apparently.

It was 30 late yesterday
The SprinterMeister

Trundling round the SW

Chris64ex4@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 19:29:06 »

It was 30 late yesterday

**makes note to self not to 'speed read' through threads**
 Embarrassed

thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 20:56:35 »

The points failure at Red Cow Crossing, Exeter only caused one delay out of Exeter of 25mins for the PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) service via Bristol, and the Golden Hind arrived and left Exeter 30 late.  I don't know if there were any further problems at Cowley Bridge Junction too?

It made up most of the time by the time it got to Bristol. It was about 8 late but it got held up at the signal gantry just outside BTM (Bristol Temple Meads (strictly, it should be BRI)) because of a weymouth service hogging the platform. We overtook it just outside BTM and ran fast to Bath Spa Grin

There were other delays, I remember seeing them on the departure bored to Taunton, All of the delayed ones were PAD services except the Paignton One which was held up by trespassers at Cheltenham Angry

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Super Guard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 19:37:09 »

Also due to the single-line working between Plymouth & Totnes, services randomly were flashing 'Delayed' but were running on-time, just not triggering the reporting points.

Any opinions made on this forum are purely personal and my own.  I am in no way speaking for, or offering the views of First Great Western or First Group.

If my employer feels I have broken any aspect of the Social Media Policy, please PM me immediately, so I can rectify without delay.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: