13:18 Hereford to London Paddington
Delayed
11:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 30, 2024, 12:14:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[119] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[88] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[45] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[39] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[38] Saturdays: Rochdale / Manchester onto the Settle and Carlisle
[28] Broadgage unwell.

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 150% increase in may  (Read 14541 times)
smithy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 18:32:44 »

... or even charge a ^20 fee if pax want to take a bag/suitecase with them ...

how about a second seat charge for passengers who's coats, handbags and rucksacks also need a seat, even when people are standing ....

that would be a good idea to stop the selfish minority
moonrakerz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 18:41:22 »

how about a second seat charge for passengers who's coats, handbags and rucksacks also need a seat, even when people are standing ....

Posted without comment !

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/15/news/companies/united_airlines_obese.reut/index.htm
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 18:58:28 »

For journies outside of London I would asume that you pay per each zone you pass through:

Newton Abbot  - Penzance would be ^10 (as a zone ends at Plymouth)
but
Plymouth - Penzance would be ^5

Any clarification perhaps?
smithy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 20:22:25 »

Posted without comment !

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/15/news/companies/united_airlines_obese.reut/index.htm

fair comment in my opinion,why should other passengers have to suffer sitting next to a passenger who invades their seat not to mention the extra fuel and ground staff work required to balance the aircraft out.

dont take my comments as being anti obese it is up to them to be that way but all i am saying is other people should not suffer because of it.

back to the trains i doubt any toc would dare try anything like that but there should be some sort of deterant for people who take up more than 1 seat with bags etc or who insist on putting feet on the seats.
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 09:17:28 »

there may soon be a class 150 percentage pasenger capacity increase at Exeter soon just noticed a three car 150/0 there
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 17:11:25 by relex109 » Logged
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:46 »

Posted without comment !

fair comment in my opinion,why should other passengers have to suffer sitting next to a passenger who invades their seat not to mention the extra fuel and ground staff work required to balance the aircraft out.

dont take my comments as being anti obese it is up to them to be that way but all i am saying is other people should not suffer because of it.

back to the trains i doubt any toc would dare try anything like that but there should be some sort of deterant for people who take up more than 1 seat with bags etc or who insist on putting feet on the seats.

I agree with you to a certain extent, If i'm on train that's not busy, I will put my bag on the seat next to me, but will happily move it should the train fill up or somebody have the seat reserved. The times I do that though are indeed rare as I normally sit in the vestibule fold down seats, out of everyones way on local services Grin

In FC(resolve) the routes I travel, I normally take trains that are not busy as I do like my personal space, but I don't have a problem with someone joining my table/seat next to me (Unless there are lots of empty seats and tables... Roll Eyes )

I will admit to being one of those passengers that insists on an aisle seat, Because I cannot sit in a window seat without having a panic attack...!

Grin Grin Grin Grin
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 17:59:45 »

just noticed a three car 150/0 there

In which case you were seeing things!

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 18:05:47 »

devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 18:11:38 »

Yeh, its either of FGWs (First Great Western) two 150/1s, both of which are 2 coaches.

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 18:15:09 »

Yeh, its either of FGWs (First Great Western) two 150/1s, both of which are 2 coaches.

fair enough.. i couldnt see the back and i dont know fgw fleet allocations i didnt realise that there were 2 car ones down here thanks for the info mate
miniman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 19:39:34 »

Leaving a bag on the seat next to you to stop someone else sitting there is futile.

The correct approach is thus:

1. Make eye contact with person eyeing up the empty seat
2. Lick lips
3. Look at empty seat
4. Lick lips again
5. Rub hand on empty seat whilst staring at person

It's guaranteed, I tell you  Cheesy
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 11:20:19 »

Leaving a bag on the seat next to you to stop someone else sitting there is futile.

The correct approach is thus:

1. Make eye contact with person eyeing up the empty seat
2. Lick lips
3. Look at empty seat
4. Lick lips again
5. Rub hand on empty seat whilst staring at person

It's guaranteed, I tell you  Cheesy
until the other person does exactly the same then sits on your lap! OK if it's a nice blonde around 2o years old.....but not OK if it's a Dot cotton lookalike  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Zoe
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 14:06:21 »

The best idea is just go for the single seat in coach A.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 14:11:38 by Zo^ » Logged
Btline

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 18:48:51 »

You do realise that the picture shows Class 153 units, which are single car units. Although they have been known to run in threes!

LM (London Midland - recent franchise) had such a diagram, but had to change it, as it could not keep to the timetable! (153s have poor acceleration)

Anyway, I don't think FGW (First Great Western) have any 3 car 150s. Unless I am mistaken, LM have them all.
smithy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 13:34:51 »

You do realise that the picture shows Class 153 units, which are single car units. Although they have been known to run in threes!

LM (London Midland - recent franchise) had such a diagram, but had to change it, as it could not keep to the timetable! (153s have poor acceleration)

Anyway, I don't think FGW (First Great Western) have any 3 car 150s. Unless I am mistaken, LM have them all.

i think he is on about the 150/1 that is just visible inside the shed.FGW are due to get them sometime next year i believe
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: