Delayed
18:27 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
20:24 Reading to Gatwick Airport
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 27, 2024, 21:54:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[86] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[44] access for all at Devon stations report
[28] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[10] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[1] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[1] Cornish delays

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW 1st Class - ongoing discussion of the benefits and their apparent reduction  (Read 393944 times)
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 24, 2014, 20:19:27 »

In complete opposite to bobm's photo...

FGW (First Great Western) Have 0.5 First Class Carriages on the 21:45 PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) - EXD» (Exeter St Davids - next trains) via BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) on 23rd July 2014

Closer inspection shows that both the Coach K and Coach L Doors have been locked out of use

Central Locking Fault? or a new trial of First Class similar to a Southern 377 Grin Lips sealed Tongue

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Btline

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2014, 22:25:15 »

Well what a surprise, commuters who have forked out thousands for their 1st class season tickets now have to stand!

What's FGWs (First Great Western) response or are they just hoping people will switch to standard?
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 25, 2014, 08:48:45 »

Closer inspection shows that both the Coach K and Coach L Doors have been locked out of use

Possible the same set I took in the morning, 08:09 (RDG(resolve)-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains)) had both first class and the buffet totally locked out.
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 27, 2014, 22:17:20 »

And now a set with just 1 First Class Carriage Roll Eyes

* Pedants * - The yellow line above the second carriage is the Buffet and not the Composite Section of First Class Seating Wink

Grin Grin Grin Grin
LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 27, 2014, 22:19:11 »

* Pedants * - The yellow line above the second carriage is the Buffet and not the Composite Section of First Class Seating Wink

Does this line mean only first classers can stand at the micro buffet?  Grin  Roll Eyes

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 27, 2014, 23:06:04 »

Does this line mean only first classers can stand at the micro buffet?  Grin  Roll Eyes

I have a feeling I am about to answer a rhetorical question or blow a joke out the water... Grin

The line was put above the Buffet to discourage people Boarding Coach F at this door because of the Trolley and people who may already be queuing at the buffet. This was discussed in another thread somewhere quite some time ago Smiley

Grin Grin Grin Grin
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 28, 2014, 00:26:56 »

Bring back the red line

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
Rhydgaled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:08 »

Bring back the red line
Or, paint the door blue, like the guard's door on the TGS. And while your at it, find a nicer colour than pink (white might work) to paint the passenger doors.

----------------------------
Don't DOO (Driver-Only Operation (that is, trains which operate without carrying a guard)) it, keep the guard (but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea if the driver unlocked the doors on arrival at calling points).
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #668 on: July 28, 2014, 10:22:54 »

The contrast needs to be as big as possible for those with a sight disability
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 28, 2014, 11:43:46 »

Its not pink.
Its Rubine Red :-p

They have to colour the doors with a big contrast for people with visual impairments.

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
Rhydgaled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: July 28, 2014, 13:12:09 »

Its not pink.
Its Rubine Red :-p

They have to colour the doors with a big contrast for people with visual impairments.
They used white doors on the previous livery, and the ScotRail livery does the same. I think that suggests white on dark blue is enough of a contrast to comply.

----------------------------
Don't DOO (Driver-Only Operation (that is, trains which operate without carrying a guard)) it, keep the guard (but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea if the driver unlocked the doors on arrival at calling points).
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 28, 2014, 15:44:48 »

I like the pink!

But I don't think it necessary to have a yellow stripe over the TSMB buffet end doors. 

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
BBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2014, 17:50:40 »

The 1706 PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains)-BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) which I've just left at TWY (Twyford station) also only had the 1 FC(resolve) coach. Maybe the same set as in the photo, or is there more than one such formation around at the moment?
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2014, 19:20:54 »

Well I was on the 0655 Plymouth to Paddington and 1406 return today and both had a single FC(resolve) coach.  Lets say it vas very cosy with only a couple of spare seats Embarrassed
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 28, 2014, 19:27:48 »

Well I was on the 0655 Plymouth to Paddington and 1406 return today and both had a single FC(resolve) coach.  Lets say it vas very cosy with only a couple of spare seats Embarrassed

So I assume no Breakfast Pullman on the up Golden Hind then.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to: