11:54 Newbury to London Paddington
12:11 Newbury to Reading
14:02 Oxford to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 10:54:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[126] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[69] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[57] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[54] Cornish delays
[14] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[13] access for all at Devon stations report

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Golden Hind  (Read 9278 times)
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2007, 23:36:15 »

10/08/2007.

This FLAGSHIP Service, 1803 Paddington to Penzance, ideal for Londoners to take a weekend break to Cornwall on is, according to FGW (First Great Western) e-mail bulletin terminating at Truro tonight, No Guard.

Funny, I've NEVER known a rostered crew change at Truro on an HST (High Speed Train). Relieving crews operating units on the Falmouth branch YES.

Perhaps someone in the know can explain.

Usual FGW shambolic cock-up I suppose like the incident earlier in the week where 3 guards were rostered to wotk the same service from Exeter SD.
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 09:19:31 »

14/08/2007
From the FGW (First Great Western) website ;-

05:05 Penzance to London Paddington due 10:01
This train has been delayed at St Austell and is now 63 minutes late. This train will be revised. It will no longer call at: Bodmin Parkway, Liskeard, Newton Abbot and Taunton. This is due to a train fault

109 minutes late leaving Plymouth.

FGW living up to their reputation of being the UK (United Kingdom)'s worst performing TOC (Train Operating Company) again.
Jim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 21:51:00 »

Ah, was wondering why it was late

Cheers
Jim Smiley
AG's most famous quote "It'll be better next week"
Steve Bray

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 18:10:11 »

I was at Reading station on Friday evening and noticed this. I assumed it was due to engineering work.

Also, it was a 2+7 unit, with Midland Mainline rolling stock.

Changing lines, earlier this year, the 1827 Paddington/Hereford one evening was going to terminate at Colwall. For those who don't know, Colwall is an unstaffed station, with about a carriage capacity, on single track. That announcment is still an unsolved mystery!
Scooby

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:29:52 »

10/08/2007.

This FLAGSHIP Service, 1803 Paddington to Penzance, ideal for Londoners to take a weekend break to Cornwall on is, according to FGW (First Great Western) e-mail bulletin terminating at Truro tonight, No Guard.

Funny, I've NEVER known a rostered crew change at Truro on an HST (High Speed Train). Relieving crews operating units on the Falmouth branch YES.

Perhaps someone in the know can explain.

Usual FGW shambolic cock-up I suppose like the incident earlier in the week where 3 guards were rostered to wotk the same service from Exeter SD.

The down Golden Hind is a Penzance guard from Exeter down. However was none available so a Plymouth guard worked it from Exeter after already completing his shift, to have worked it through to Penzance would have put him at over 12 hours at work which is against regulations. Train terminated at Truro and passengers where transferred to the Falmouth unit which normally runs ECS (Empty Coaching Stock) Truro to Penzance. Actually a fairly sensible move compared to some things that go on!!
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 17:25:26 »

This service is a 'don't cancel' job which would explain this move. Fair play to the gaurd, a very rare move by HSS (High Speed Services) staff! As for the up Hind I don't think this was Firsts fault. The weather on Tuesday was AWFUL and they ran a fairly decent service. I didn't see ANY late running.
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 08:58:56 »

This service is a 'don't cancel' job which would explain this move. Fair play to the gaurd, a very rare move by HSS (High Speed Services) staff! As for the up Hind I don't think this was Firsts fault. The weather on Tuesday was AWFUL and they ran a fairly decent service. I didn't see ANY late running.

Today it aint a 'don't cancel job'

From morning e-mail bulletin (30/08/2007) ;-

0505 Penzance to London Paddington has been cancelled at Bodmin Parkway.

Tractorman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 18:07:15 »

Today it aint a 'don't cancel job'

From morning e-mail bulletin (30/08/2007) ;-

0505 Penzance to London Paddington has been cancelled at Bodmin Parkway.

Failure of MTU (Motor Traction Unit) 43198 'Oxfordshire 2007', train had departed from Bodmin but failed and set back to detrain passengers.
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 09:23:27 »

Started from Plymouth due to lack of train crew. Surprisingly the engineering didn't overrun!

0542 Penzance - Pad left 15 late

1L19 0710 BTM (Bristol Temple Meads (strictly, it should be BRI))-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) cancelled  Grin
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 20:01:24 »

From the FGW (First Great Western) website :

18:03 London Paddington to Penzance due 23:10
This train has been revised.It will no longer call at: London Paddington, Reading and Taunton.This is due to a train fault.

Vous devez ĂȘtre impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
swlines

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 20:14:07 »

Oh right.

It had no catering earlier.... then it did. And now it starts Exeter?  Huh
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 00:37:27 »

Oh right.

Was no catering or no passengers!
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 01:15:39 »

18:36 Paddington - Exeter St Davids was extended to Penzance.
swlines

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 11:06:51 »

Oh right.

Was no catering or no passengers!
You sure it wasn't full Pullman catering service  but without passengers?  Grin
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: