19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
19:50 Worcester Foregate Street to Bristol Temple Meads
21:15 Great Malvern to Bristol Temple Meads
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 30, 2024, 21:05:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[100] Train drivers "overwhelmingly white middle aged men"
[82] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[61] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[53] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[31] Clan Line - by Clan Line !

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT - what happens when you cant download a ticket (updated grrrrrr)  (Read 3635 times)
Mookiemoo

View Profile Email
« on: September 09, 2010, 22:09:35 »

I booked xc, just trying to print my tickets, the link "Click here to download your e-ticket " just takes me to the make a booking page!
\
any ideas?

and yes I used the xc website precisely so I could have them printed off and because of the 10% discount codes

Eventually managed to navigate to it and printed it - 150 pages of blank paper later it stopped

The ticket was page 1 but I guess the XC (Cross Country Trains (franchise)) system doesnt like safari
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 23:34:27 by FallenAngel » Logged

Ditched former sig - now I need to think of something amusing - brain hurts -I'll steal from the master himself - Einstein:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love"
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 22:48:24 »

You should have got an Email with the direct link to the e-ticket. (I did when booking with virmin, yes it was cheaper to get an advance ticket then it was to use 75% priv).

Whatever you do, dont even think of getting on without that nice piece of paper known as your ticket.

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
Mookiemoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 22:55:27 »

Dear Customer,

Thanks for choosing to print your own tickets. It's just one way that we can make getting your tickets to you even easier.

This is not your ticket, please download and print your 'e-tickets'. The step-by-step guide on the right will show you how easy it is.

Journey 1 from BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS to BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET
Click here to download your e-ticket

Our new website will allow you to buy tickets for any train company with no booking fee, compare journeys and prices whichever train operator you are using and choose and reserve your own seat on any CrossCountry train.

So wherever you're going, go to crosscountrytrains.co.uk

Enjoy your journey.

CrossCountry

Is the email I got

yet I click to get my ticket and I get to the book your ticket page - NO TICKET

Ditched former sig - now I need to think of something amusing - brain hurts -I'll steal from the master himself - Einstein:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 23:06:01 »

Cross Country Trains have a telephone helpline number - 0871 244 2389 - but "(Please note that calls to this number will cost 10p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other operators may vary.)".  Tongue

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Btline

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 23:53:15 »

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Alternate number is 0121 200 6450. Free for most people (e.g. BT) in the evening or at the weekend.

NEVER phone a premium line without consulting this website - often a free 0800 number alternative is listed!
Mookiemoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 23:58:26 »

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Alternate number is 0121 200 6450. Free for most people (e.g. BT) in the evening or at the weekend.

NEVER phone a premium line without consulting this website - often a free 0800 number alternative is listed!

Thanks for that - I will be phoning when they open in the morning to make a complaint.

I work in IT, I know my mac, but it still took me over 1.5 hours (and half a ream of paper) to get the bloody ticket

I'm going to ask them advice on how to get the return ticket printed without wasting the other half ream.

The print registers as only 1 page but in reality was over 150 (I know this because my tray holds 150 and it ran out even though was fully stocked) - so you don't even get the choice of page 1 to 1 and because the machine thinks its printing the one page you cant stop it!

Btline

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 00:10:40 »

Can't you pick it up at a machine/ticket office?

Or have it mailed? I thought print outs were not valid on trains...

PS: You're welcome - add it to your bookmarks, saved me ^s when on the phone moaning to the bank/BT, etc...
Mookiemoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 00:11:43 »

no - xc just like WS have a print your own ticket option

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: