14:02 Oxford to London Paddington
Delayed
09:57 Exmouth to Paignton
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 11:31:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[174] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[65] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[54] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[50] Cornish delays
[13] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[13] access for all at Devon stations report

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems Tonight 05/11/2010  (Read 4766 times)
bigdaz
« on: November 05, 2010, 18:42:07 »

Line problem in the Taplow area. Train services between Maidenhead and Slough are being disrupted due to signalling problems in the Taplow area.
Engineers are working as fast as possible to restore services to normal. Short notice alterations and delays of up to 25 minutes can be expected. Only London-bound train services are affected by this problem.
Stopping services towards London Paddington are unable to call at Taplow and Burnham. Customers for Taplow and Burnham are advised to circulate via Slough. Customers at Taplow and Burnham wishing to travel towards London Paddington are advised to circulate via Maidenhead.
Message Received :05/11/2010 17:06Line problem between Southampton Central and Romsey. Train services are being disrupted due to poor rail conditions between Southampton Central and Romsey.
Engineers are working as fast as possible to restore services to normal. Short notice alterations and delays of up to 20 minutes can be expected. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:54Line problem between Reading and Gatwick Airport. Train services are being disrupted due to an earlier broken down train between Reading and Gatwick Airport.
Short notice alterations and delays of up to 30 minutes can be expected.
Southern and South West Trains are accepting First Great Western tickets between Clapham Junction and Gatwick Airport.
Message Received :05/11/2010 17:56
3 Train Cancellations
17:04 Reading to Redhill due 18:32 This train has been cancelled.
This is due to an earlier broken down train. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:09
 18:03 Gatwick Airport to Reading due 19:25 This train has been cancelled.
This is due to an earlier broken down train. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:07
 18:43 Redhill to Reading due 20:21 This train has been cancelled.
This is due to an earlier broken down train. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:09

9 Other Train Service Updates
15:00 Plymouth to London Paddington due 18:21 This train has been revised.
It will call additionally at: Ivybridge.
This is due to congestion caused by earlier delays. Message Received :05/11/2010 14:32
 16:28 Swansea to London Paddington due 19:32 This train will be terminated at Cardiff Central.
It will no longer call at: Newport South Wales, Bristol Parkway, Swindon, Didcot Parkway, Reading and London Paddington.
This is due to an earlier train fault. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:45
 17:22 London Paddington to Hereford due 20:34 This train has been delayed and is now 23 minutes late from London Paddington.
This is due to a train fault. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:52
 17:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central due 20:48 This train will be started from Fareham.
It will no longer call at: Portsmouth Harbour, Portsmouth & Southsea, Fratton and Cosham.
This is due to signalling problems. Message Received :05/11/2010 16:40
 17:25 Cardiff Central to London Paddington due 19:32 An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 17:25 Cardiff Central to London Paddington due 19:32 run on 05/11/10. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:46
 17:34 Reading to Gatwick Airport due 19:00 This train has been revised.
It will no longer call at: Wokingham, Crowthorne, Sandhurst, Blackwater, Farnborough North, North Camp and Ash.
This is due to an earlier broken down train. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:50
 17:42 Reading to London Paddington due 18:37 This train has been revised.
It will no longer call at: Taplow and Burnham.
This is due to signalling problems. Message Received :05/11/2010 17:21
 17:50 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill due 20:23 This train is being delayed at London Paddington.
This train has been revised.
It will call additionally at: Hanborough and Honeybourne.
This is due to a delay on a previous journey. Message Received :05/11/2010 18:17
 18:22 London Paddington to Hereford due 21:31 This train has been revised.
It will call additionally at: Swindon.
It will no longer call at: Oxford, Hanborough, Charlbury, Kingham, Moreton-In-Marsh, Honeybourne, Evesham and Pershore.
This is due to a delay on a previous journey. Message Received :05/11/2010 18:14
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 19:43:26 »

Saw an S&T (Signalling and Telegraph) tech with his head buried in a Loc between Taplow and Maidenhead at about 16:30 this afternoon as I passed on my way home.  Only the UM seemed to be affected all up's were using the UR. 

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
Super Guard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 21:49:37 »

Hmmm, there was a group of orange clothed men in the Taplow/Maidenhead area as early as 11:30, although maybe pure coincidence.

Any opinions made on this forum are purely personal and my own.  I am in no way speaking for, or offering the views of First Great Western or First Group.

If my employer feels I have broken any aspect of the Social Media Policy, please PM me immediately, so I can rectify without delay.
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 00:30:43 »

Points Failure somewhere,
Cat 1 Track Defect at Southall
Multiple TCF (Track Circuit Failure)'s
And poor railhead conditions.

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 01:21:45 »

Are those track circuit failures (TCFs (Track Circuit Failure)) causally linked to the poor railhead conditions, i.e. can the layer of mulch and crud on the railhead become insulating so that the TCs(resolve) don't work anymore? Or was it just bad luck this evening?
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 01:38:56 »

The TCFs (Track Circuit Failure) and Poor Railhead conditions did happen at the same time.

The public were being told signal failures instead of TCFs.

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
eightf48544
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:12 »

Thought something was up last night when I was loading the car at about 17:00 slow HST (High Speed Train) on Up Relief. When I got to Slough everything late one of the Down fast, first stop Slough HSTs stopped on the Down Relief (platform 4) instead of down main. Presumably they used SDO (Selective Door Opening)?
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 09:19:34 »

Are those track circuit failures (TCFs (Track Circuit Failure)) causally linked to the poor railhead conditions, i.e. can the layer of mulch and crud on the railhead become insulating so that the TCs(resolve) don't work anymore? Or was it just bad luck this evening?
Leaf problems can cause TCF also damp weather also cause a lot of problems shorting out pads between rail and sleeper and cable terms in Locs and joints; I wonder though if the Taplow area fault last night was related to the signaling problems earlier in the year in the same area.

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: