Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 22/05/24 - WWRUG / TransWilts update
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Apr (1973)
Patent award for Janney (Buckeye) coupling (*)

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 29, 2024, 21:49:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[145] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[109] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[93] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[92] Saturdays: Rochdale / Manchester onto the Settle and Carlisle
[57] Visiting the pub on the way home.
[34] Disabled access at Cholsey: time for a campaign!

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Morning Service Formation  (Read 7336 times)
Louis94

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2011, 21:42:52 »

Hey,

Does anyone know what the following 2 morning services are formed from:
0533 Weymouth to Bristol Parkway
0640 Weymouth to Bristol Parkway

Many Thanks in advanced

Louis  Grin
tramway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 22:39:56 »

I can only say what they turn up at Trowbridge as, but the 05.33 is the 07.24d and has recently been 4 car 158/150 but can be 2 car at times, bit squashed from Trowbridge if that happens.

08.22 is pretty much always 2 car 150, full and sweating from Trowbridge.
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:26 »

Louis,

Do you mean what are they formed of or from?

If it's the latter then they are formed of the last two services of the previous day into Weymouth.

former FGW (First Great Western) Staff now working for the People's republic of ScotRail
Anything I post is my own personal view and not that of FGW, FirstGroup, ScotRail or Transport Scotland.
Anything official from these sources will be marked as such.
tramway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:52:31 »

If it's the latter then they are formed of the last two services of the previous day into Weymouth.

Which is fairly obvious else where would the stock come from.

One of which would have been a 158/7 as the 07.24d TRO» (Trowbridge - next trains) was 4 car 158, I'm guessing that the additional 158 is attached at Westbury.
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 12:30:04 »

Louis,

Do you mean what are they formed of or from?

I mean what types of units are they formed of.

Its not that quite that simple regarding what they are formed from, as there are 2 arrivals before another departure in the evening.

1913 from Malvern
2008 from Gloucester
2021 to Bristol
2309 from Malvern

Confusing really, as there are a number of things that could happen. I'd of thought the 1913 from Malvern would stay as he is at the buffers end of the platform, then the 2008 from Gloucester forms the 2021 to Bristol.
readytostart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 13:21:52 »

Confusing really, as there are a number of things that could happen. I'd of thought the 1913 from Malvern would stay as he is at the buffers end of the platform, then the 2008 from Gloucester forms the 2021 to Bristol.

Here is a copy and paste from Genius for tonight (I've deleted SWT (South West Trains) and departmental workings):
Id   Frm   To   Arr   Dep   Pl   Dly   Act   SAR
2O94   GMV   WEY   1911      1         
5O94   WEY   XGB      1958   1         
2O97   GCR» (Gloucester - next trains)   WEY   2006      1         
5V94   XGB   WEY   2017      1         
2V94   WEY   BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains)      2021   1
2O98   GMV   WEY   2307      1   
(XGB = Weymouth Jersey Sidings)
I can't see any associated empty stock move for the 2006 or 2307 arrivals.
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 14:40:02 »

Here is a copy and paste from Genius for tonight (I've deleted SWT (South West Trains) and departmental workings):
Id   Frm   To   Arr   Dep   Pl   Dly   Act   SAR
2O94   GMV   WEY   1911      1         
5O94   WEY   XGB      1958   1         
2O97   GCR» (Gloucester - next trains)   WEY   2006      1         
5V94   XGB   WEY   2017      1         
2V94   WEY   BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains)      2021   1
2O98   GMV   WEY   2307      1   
(XGB = Weymouth Jersey Sidings)
I can't see any associated empty stock move for the 2006 or 2307 arrivals.

Thanks very much readytostart. That makes sense now, a friend who lives in weymouth mentioned 2O94 going into the sidings, to allow 2O97 to stable for the night, and then 5V94 comes back in to form 2V94.
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 18:14:43 »

Which is fairly obvious else where would the stock come from.

One of which would have been a 158/7 as the 07.24d TRO» (Trowbridge - next trains) was 4 car 158, I'm guessing that the additional 158 is attached at Westbury.

It's not necessarily obvious... I've seen (dare I say it!) dafter questions asked.
People ask questions because they would they like to know the answer. Obvious to one person is not necessarily obvious to everyone else.

Louis may have been genuinely asking where they came from; I don't know Louis so I don't know what level his knowledge of FGW (First Great Western) land is.

The way I read the message I took it as having one of two possibly interpretations which is why I then asked him which he meant. I'm not sure your stinging responce was so justified.

To drag this back on topic; to confirm your guess Tramway, yes, the additional set is attached at Westbury to provide peak capacity on the corridor into Bath and Bristol.

On the other note, as per the workings show, the 2008 and 2308 arrivals at Weymouth stable for the evening, the 1913 arrival shunts into Jersey Sidings to alllow the 2008 arrival. The reason for the shunt is because the 1913 arrival and subsequent 2021 departure is formed of a 3-car 158 which is required back at SPM (St Philip's Marsh (Bristol depot)) that evening. 158 starts its day from Fratton and works via Brighton, Malvern and Weymouth before finishing at Bristol.

former FGW (First Great Western) Staff now working for the People's republic of ScotRail
Anything I post is my own personal view and not that of FGW, FirstGroup, ScotRail or Transport Scotland.
Anything official from these sources will be marked as such.
tramway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 09:27:58 »

I really must use the smileys a lot more FC(resolve), it certainly wasn^t meant to be derogatory, more of throwaway comment before the additional info to confirm what stock actually turned up at TRO» (Trowbridge - next trains) that morning. Probably should have been followed by a few of these,  Wink Wink or even these  Tongue Tongue it is far too easy to mis read posters intent if they aren^t included. 0 out of 10 for use of standard forum features, must try harder.  Cry Cry

This morning it was 158/150 which seems to be the more frequent of the formations, but it^s not my regular train. Again a guess is that the 150 was the Weymouth portion with the 158 waiting at the platform at Westbury.

Yes the OP (Original Poster / topic starter) comments could be interpreted different ways, although it would apear that Louis was after the stock diagrams of the previous evening trains, which I don^t think are generally available. I think we both gave Louis sufficient credit that if he was after the diagrams he would have asked for them, leaving the assumption that his orignal question wasn^t actually related to that.

Trying to work out diagrams from the PAX TT isn^t the best way to pass the time.  Huh Huh
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 17:03:27 »

Are the two FGW (First Great Western) units stabled at the platforms at Weymouth overnight or are they moved to Jersey sidings?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 23:22:55 »

Are the two FGW (First Great Western) units stabled at the platforms at Weymouth overnight or are they moved to Jersey sidings?
They are stabled in platform overnight
Juliebtm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 15:31:56 »

The 19:13 arrival from Great Malvern goes into the sidings until the 20:08 arrival from Gloucester. The 20:21 arrives from the sidings in front of the train from Gloucester. The 20:08 and 23:08 arrivals rest overnight on platform 1 and they leave the following morning at 05:33 to Bristol Parkway and 06:40 to Bristol Parkway. The 20:21 Weymouth to Bristol Temple Meads service is always formed of a 2 or 3 coach class 158 which is excellent as the 20:08 arrival is normally an Arriva Trains Wales class 150.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: