Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 22/05/24 - WWRUG / TransWilts update
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Apr (1996)
GNER franchise (Sea Containers) starts on ECML (*)

Train RunningCancelled
11:55 Great Malvern to London Paddington
14:28 Hereford to London Paddington
28/04/24 17:16 Bristol Temple Meads to Severn Beach
28/04/24 18:01 Severn Beach to Bristol Temple Meads
22:10 Taunton to Bristol Temple Meads
Short Run
09:18 Penzance to London Paddington
13:11 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
15:44 London Paddington to Great Malvern
28/04/24 21:30 Swindon to Cheltenham Spa
Delayed
11:37 London Paddington to Carmarthen
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:35 Severn Beach to Weston-Super-Mare
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 28, 2024, 14:32:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[107] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[39] access for all at Devon stations report
[38] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[17] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[15] Cornish delays
[2] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock cascade of class 150s  (Read 154080 times)
tramway

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2011, 09:56:22 »

150001 and 150126 moved this weekend from.   Pretty sure that is now the completed transfer.    SWT (South West Trains) 158 no longer working the afternoon Brighton.
swt 158 still on hire, but reverted back to it's former Gol;den Valley Diagram.   According to SWT Carriage Workings until December next year !!!   Still if this can be agreed between the 2 Companies even taking into accouint hire charges. FGW (First Great Western) have an extra Unit unobtainable through DaFT» (Department for Transport - critical sounding abbreviation I discourage - about)

That might be why the 07.23 Warminster Malvern was only 2 car today, was full and standing from Trowbridge. It normally had the SWT 158 with it.
phile

Language spoken Welsh as well as English

View Profile Email
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2011, 21:01:51 »

I am not 100% certain on this one but perhaps the 07 23 Warminster should now be a 3 Coach formation following the forming of 158960 and 158961.   Perhaps a member from within could confirm.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2011, 22:41:59 »

Here is a table I've compiled of the strengthened services operating through Bristol Temple Meads as from 12th December. This information has be gleaned from another rail forum and tidied up by me. The original source for the info was from FGW (First Great Western)'s Director of Communications and appeared to have some time errors which I've fixed based on current Journey Planner info.

I've no idea of the the actual TOPS (Total Operations Processing System) numbers for the units though. They would be liable to regular change anyway.

Looking at those timings its obvious some other services will also be strengthened. The service out to Severn Beach that forms the inbound 0720 will logically also have 3 carriages.

I also can't see that the return working of the 1700 Cardiff - Taunton is likely to leave a carriage behind at Taunton.

I make no claims to the 100% accuracy of the table above.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2011, 18:25:52 »

I hope that we are not going to see another Dec 2006 scenario as a result of the Cascade.    I believe that the 07 23 Warminster to Great Malvern mentioned earlier was for med by 158960 but with a Carriage missing, i.e.
2       08 23 Portsnouth Harbour to Cardiff today observed with 2 coaches only (158766)

inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2011, 18:39:03 »

How? The Dec 2006 problems were caused by the withdrawal and storage of a large amount of rolling stock. I'm really not sure how you propose that FGW (First Great Western) will achieve a similar result with a net increase in vehicles.  Huh
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2011, 18:56:53 »

Day to day availabity issue, probably.
tramway

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2011, 09:40:00 »

I am not 100% certain on this one but perhaps the 07 23 Warminster should now be a 3 Coach formation following the forming of 158960 and 158961.   Perhaps a member from within could confirm.

158950 this morning.

Not my favorite service due to the innordinate amount of time it sits in BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) for, so any further info on this diagram will be quite limited.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2011, 19:47:56 »

I should just like to know if 07 23 Warminster is now booked a 3 Car 158 or not following the formation of 158960 and 158961 as it appears to have created some controversy.   Anybody got the answer, please ?   Thanks in anticipation
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 19:56:07 by phile » Logged
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2011, 20:14:31 »

Surely that would rely on this newly formed 3 car Class 158 always being diagrammed on that particular service?

Should the question not be whether the 0723 from Warminster is be a 3 car service regardless of the stock used?

To answer that I can only refer you to the table upthread, where the 0723 from Warminster is not included in the list of strengthened services. Maybe it's one that FGW (First Great Western) should've considered strengthening. I don't know, not having travelled on it. You can of course ask FGW.

It should be remembered that rolling stock provision on a particular service is always going to be at the mercy of what is and isn't available on a particular day. That holds true even in the case of the services FGW have said are to be strengthened.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 21:06:27 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #369 on: December 16, 2011, 20:58:51 »

Thanks.    Seems strange though to have been reduced a previous 4 coach well loaded train.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #370 on: December 17, 2011, 20:03:24 »

On furthet reflection, even if Units are allocated on the day according to availability, the 3 Coach and 2 Coach 158s are diagrammed separately to services so that is why I have been wondering about the actual diagram itself.     Or just a "clanger"  in reducing the formation as has been indicated.
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2011, 16:41:46 »

The 0723 goes on to form the 1051 Great Malvern - Brighton hence the formation being 3-cars in order to strengthen the  Brighton service.

There are no 2-car 158 diagrams anymore as they should all have been 3cars by now.

The 0723 may be a coach short but there are other services around the same time that are now a lot bigger.

former FGW (First Great Western) Staff now working for the People's republic of ScotRail
Anything I post is my own personal view and not that of FGW, FirstGroup, ScotRail or Transport Scotland.
Anything official from these sources will be marked as such.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2011, 17:19:54 »

The 07:11 Gloucester to Swindon, now 3 carriages.  150 + 153, I believe.

Question - what happens to the second unit from Swindon - does it strengthen the Stroud Valley all day, or get taken off somewhere to come back into play in the evening peak?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
anthony215

View Profile Email
« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2011, 17:51:10 »

The 07:11 Gloucester to Swindon, now 3 carriages.  150 + 153, I believe.

Question - what happens to the second unit from Swindon - does it strengthen the Stroud Valley all day, or get taken off somewhere to come back into play in the evening peak?

If it sits in Swindon all day then perhaps it could be used to provide a  regular service between Swindon & Westbury  providing there are paths etc available.
dog box

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2011, 17:57:49 »

Nothing sits in Swindon , and not strictly true 2O00 is diagrammed 2 car 158 utilising the SWT (South West Trains) Hired set

All postings reflect my own personal views and opinions and are not intended to be, nor should be taken as official statements of first great western or first group policy
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30
  Print  

Jump to: