Delayed
20:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
22:50 London Paddington to Oxford
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 27, 2024, 23:06:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[102] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[67] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[35] access for all at Devon stations report
[22] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[8] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[1] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock cascade of class 150s  (Read 154054 times)
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2012, 22:00:00 »

Thanks for your two recent posts, phile.  Smiley

I think I must point out that all of our members on this forum are here because we share your obvious interest in the railways - not because we are employed to be authoritative sources of definitive information about the niceties of the use of Class 150s in service.

If you are looking for such definitive confirmation, I'm not sure that any of our membership here (or indeed on any other similar forum) will be able to provide that, to your satisfaction.

However: you could ask the Train Operating Company the question directly?

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
phile

Language spoken Welsh as well as English

View Profile Email
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2012, 22:07:19 »

Hello Chris
I was not trying to be authortative on purpose but must admit the post could have given that impression.     Frustration because of conflicting information on not only this Forum but others also.   A member has in in the past invited diagramming questions
As you suggest perhaps ask FGW (First Great Western) direct.
Phil
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 22, 2012, 16:19:20 »

I may have asked this question  myself before due to the fact that I have also seen other posts requesting the same info but with conflicting replies.   Could any member, please, say definitely if the FGW (First Great Western) 150/1s and 150/2s have separate diagrams or are they all lumped together and just shewn as 150 Diagrams.  I am sure there is somebody out there who could confirm one way or the other to scotch the conflicting reports once and for all.   Would appreciate definite info rather than"I think".   Thanks in anticipation.

The diagrams are separated with regards to 150/1 or 150/2.

former FGW (First Great Western) Staff now working for the People's republic of ScotRail
Anything I post is my own personal view and not that of FGW, FirstGroup, ScotRail or Transport Scotland.
Anything official from these sources will be marked as such.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #423 on: January 22, 2012, 16:38:48 »

Thanks very much for that Fat Controller.   Settles it at last.  Part of my fascination stems from the fact that from 1996 to 2000  I was the Unit Diagrammer for Wales and West at the time and from which Wessex followed.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #424 on: January 31, 2012, 19:14:59 »

The 2 odd toiletless 57 carriages (refred to as 150209) have been seen refreshed and the numbers 150121 and 150127 painted on them.   So we know what we can expect to seen soon although I thought they would become 150021 and 150027.
Personally I cant fathom out yet what they would become as 1 coach is 52xxx and another 57xxx.  So what about the third vehicle.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #425 on: January 31, 2012, 19:31:14 »

Have since the last thought of why not compare with 150001 and 150002 numbering.
The 3 vehicles in each unit are numbered 55xxx similar to Pacers.
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 31, 2012, 23:30:42 »

The two vehicles will retain their own numbers, 57209 and 57212.
They are being inserted into 150121 and 150127.

The new unit numbers will be........ 150121 and 150127.

The set numbers will not be changing.

former FGW (First Great Western) Staff now working for the People's republic of ScotRail
Anything I post is my own personal view and not that of FGW, FirstGroup, ScotRail or Transport Scotland.
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #427 on: February 01, 2012, 18:05:57 »

Sounds a sensible idea, as this would provide an option of transposing if the need were to arise similar to he flexibilty with the 3 Coach 158s although these are formed differently, i.e the odd carriage attached on end rather than in the middle as in the 150 situation.
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 01, 2012, 20:40:29 »

would have made more sense to re-number the sets as 021 and 027 so that they show up as 3 car units for diagraming purposes, they wont be able to go to certain places as 3 car sets, Looe and Gunnislake spring to mind, I know that they are intended to stay in the Bristol area but anything is possible!
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 01, 2012, 21:27:10 »

would have made more sense to re-number the sets as 021 and 027 so that they show up as 3 car units for diagraming purposes, they wont be able to go to certain places as 3 car sets, Looe and Gunnislake spring to mind, I know that they are intended to stay in the Bristol area but anything is possible!

There are paperwork implications if the units are renumbered to 1500xx.
This is why they are staying as 150/1's.

Anything is only possible if you make it happen - it's not worth the hassle from the bosses to start messing about with where they go!

phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2012, 21:02:25 »

150127 out and about this week as 3 Car with 57209 formed as Centre Car.
Believe 121 will be out next week with the other 57212 as Centre Car.   150127 seen working 08 00 Cardidd to Paignton yesterday.   Seems they will be usefil for deputising for 3 Coach 158s.   Wonder how soon before one reaches Portsmouth Harbour
fatcontroller

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:50 »

150127 out and about this week as 3 Car with 57209 formed as Centre Car.
Believe 121 will be out next week with the other 57212 as Centre Car.   150127 seen working 08 00 Cardidd to Paignton yesterday.   Seems they will be usefil for deputising for 3 Coach 158s.   Wonder how soon before one reaches Portsmouth Harbour

They will have their own diagrams starting Monday - they will be the new "LHCS (Locomotive Hauled Coaching Stock)" working to pretty much the same diagrams.

phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #432 on: February 10, 2012, 15:36:19 »

Thanks for that info.  Originally the Severn Beach line being quoted as a candidate.    How the position has changed obver time.
I would assume that the 3 Coach Paignton 158 will now be released for alternative work.
tramway

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 10, 2012, 15:53:56 »

I would assume that the 3 Coach Paignton 158 will now be released for alternative work.

On permanent 4 car Pompey/Cardiff's please.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Noting on other threads members concerns about obtaining freeby nibbles in First Class, there are other areas of FGW (First Great Western) land where it would be nice if the advertised trolley service could actually board the train.  Angry Angry
phile

View Profile Email
« Reply #434 on: February 10, 2012, 15:58:47 »

And a trolley service on the Portsmouth Saturday afternoons and Sundays.     Passengers have not "shut down" and are still travelling sometimes in large numbers.
I recall when FGW (First Great Western) published catering catering shortcomings on their websie, one could see that a trolley was not available on the afternoon Brighton virtually NEVER
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30
  Print  

Jump to: