06:00 Bedwyn to London Paddington
Delayed
29/04/24 21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 30, 2024, 01:10:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[120] Where was I today, 29.04.24?
[90] Clan Line - by Clan Line !
[77] South Western Railways Waterloo - Bristol services axed
[76] Saturdays: Rochdale / Manchester onto the Settle and Carlisle
[56] Broadgage unwell.
[49] Newcomers start here ... and a reference for older hands

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW website  (Read 25695 times)
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 16:34:44 »

That comes in the autumn, Ollie. A full redesign, I think.
Is this still on track to happen?
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 18:07:39 »

I've heard nothing more, I don't know
James Vertigan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 14:45:15 »

Looks like you might have been right - Jo has posted this on the FGW (First Great Western) Facebook page -

"Coming soon to a computer/laptop/handheld web browser near you!"
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 22:32:25 »

Hope they update the catering pages. Most disappointed to discover that the 'Build Your Own' Burger or Brunch Burger are no longer on the onboard Travelling Chef Menu.  Sad

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 16:10:15 »

@FGW (First Great Western) have just tweeted that the new website is now live. Off to take a look...
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 16:52:51 »

@FGW (First Great Western) have just tweeted that the new website is now live. Off to take a look...
Great, now they have made the new site live, they need to bring in line with the old website and include the new forthcoming timetables and update the service changes page http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Train-times-and-tickets/Train-times/Planned-changes which is showing what the old site was showing a couple of weeks ago. This is quite an important thing to do as the old site service changes page had the details of services over Christmas and details and timetables for the work taking place at Didcot over Christmas/New Year.

Would have thought that would have done that before making it live?
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 18:26:12 »

Correction to my above comments. I have found the page regarding Didcot Parkway work under a new section titled Rail Improvements:
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/About-Us/Rail-improvements/Didcot-to-Oxford-rail-improvements

Might be worth linking this section to Service Changes page.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 18:41:25 »

All looks good to me. A few teething troubles with 404 errors on some pages, but I'm sure they'll be ironed out.

I particularly like the site index at the bottom of the homepage. Makes navigation a lot easier.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 10:00:19 »

First impressions were a little off.

Here's what I had to say over on FGW (First Great Western)'s Facebook page:

"New website - No 'Live Updates', no information on 'Rovers and Rangers', out of date menus for 'Travelling Chef', no 'Weekend First' zonal map, no 'Future Timetables' (a new timetable starts on Sunday) and an email newsletter that has a competition that you can't enter because no one thought to update the links. Poor show all round. Why didn't you beta test the new website to allow for just this sort of feedback rather than going live with a dog's breakfast of a site?"

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 11:45:56 »

Ive just had an email advising of a competition to win some theatre tickets...

Only trouble is if you click on the link you get "Page not found"!

Some competition hey? I know I don't normally win these things but a chance to lose genuinely would be appreciated!
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2011, 13:02:57 »

I've had a good moan on FGW (First Great Western)'s Facebook page and I've been assured that the issues raised are being addressed. The mail shot will be sent out again sometime soon with fixed links. I too would like a chance to lose the competition for ^100 worth of theatre tickets....

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
EBrown

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 14:25:19 »

I thought it was just me who had a 404 error!!

Much better website, my only thoughts are it seems HST (High Speed Train) based (no information about disabled access, toilets, first class on turbos) to me. Also, there is no "our trains" page which many TOCs (Train Operating Company) seem to have.

I am no longer an active member of this website.
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2011, 17:34:24 »

Looks good, although I noticed it is missing information regarding Rovers and Ranger tickets
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 23:06:10 »

... and the new 'meet the manager' page is most enlightening: see http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/About-Us/Customer-services/Meet-the-Manager  Roll Eyes

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 23:31:38 »

Indeed. Here's a screen grab from the MtM page:

Grin Undecided

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: